Reinstall Gone wrong

My father attempted to resinstall Windows 2000 on a Dell Dimension desktop he
uses at his home business. He reinstalled it, not realizing he no longer had
the product key. Now when he powers on, he gets prompted for the product key
and cannot do anything else. Is there any way for him to either undo his
botched reinstall or install something over this? Any suggestions or
comments are appreciated.

jud

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004

"T. Hayes" <T. Hayes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My father attempted to resinstall Windows 2000 on a Dell Dimension desktop
he
> uses at his home business. He reinstalled it, not realizing he no longer
had
> the product key. Now when he powers on, he gets prompted for the product
key
> and cannot do anything else. Is there any way for him to either undo his
> botched reinstall or install something over this? Any suggestions or
> comments are appreciated.

All you need is a product key , do a google theres a lot of sites that have
them .

Jud