compression formats

<http://www.7-zip.org/> is on computer A
<http://www.rarlab.com/> is on computer B

can computer B, running winrar, unzip files from computer A, compressed
with 7zip? aside from winzip, is there an alternative?

D:\>compact 050404stuff /S

doesn't create an archive, unfortunately...?

thanks,

Thufir

Yes, Winrar can unzip winzip files.

I use both, but WinRar is better though. You can just right-click the
archive with WinRar & say Extract Here or Extract to Folder [Zip FileName
Here]. Its quicker than Winzip.

PKZip is another archiver, but many years ago viruses/worms came in that

On the http://www.codeproject.com website is an example of a zip program
written in C#, which is FREE to use. If you can compile it then this maybe
your best solution. However, you will need to contact the author if using it
for non-commercial use, which is only fair.

Crouchie1998 wrote:
> Yes, Winrar can unzip winzip files.
>
> I use both, but WinRar is better though. You can just right-click the
> archive with WinRar & say Extract Here or Extract to Folder [Zip
FileName
> Here]. Its quicker than Winzip.
>
> PKZip is another archiver, but many years ago viruses/worms came in
that

> On the http://www.codeproject.com website is an example of a zip
program
> written in C#, which is FREE to use. If you can compile it then this
maybe
> your best solution. However, you will need to contact the author if
using it
> for non-commercial use, which is only fair.

I'll take a look at that. I like 7-zip and don't want to change, but
it seem incompatible with winrar, so I guess I'll have to change to
something like you suggest...?

thanks,

Thufir