Any Utility to kill PocketPC ActiveSync running on the PC ?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 4, 2005 12:20:42 PM

Active Sync run on the PC as a process. Is there any utility that I
can use to kill it ? I'm thinking of scheduling a task to kill Active
Sync everday after 1am in the morning.

THanks.
April 5, 2005 8:55:02 AM

you could use task manager. Or use msconfig to change the startup items to
stop it running altogether

"flahmeshess" wrote:

> Active Sync run on the PC as a process. Is there any utility that I
> can use to kill it ? I'm thinking of scheduling a task to kill Active
> Sync everday after 1am in the morning.
>
> THanks.

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 5:23:57 PM

If you try & delete it, it comes back I think, so, you cannot use either of
those ideas I don't think.

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE
April 6, 2005 11:03:07 AM

Thanks for your suggestion. I cannot use a manual methods as I want to
schedule it.

You know of any utility that I can use to kill a process ? May be
something like:

kill_process wcescomm.exe
kill_process WCESMgr.exe

If there is such an utility like kill_process, then I can schedule it.

Thanks.

Ian wrote:
> you could use task manager. Or use msconfig to change the startup
items to
> stop it running altogether
>
> "flahmeshess" wrote:
>
> > Active Sync run on the PC as a process. Is there any utility that
> > can use to kill it ? I'm thinking of scheduling a task to kill
Active
> > Sync everday after 1am in the morning.
> >
> > THanks.

Anonymous
April 8, 2005 12:09:00 PM

Active Sync run on the PC as a process. Is there any utility that I
can use to kill it ? I'm thinking of scheduling a task to kill Active
Sync everday after 1am in the morning.

THanks.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 1:24:02 AM

Is there any utility that I can use to kill a window process ? I'm
thinking of scheduling a task to kill the process everday after 1am in
the morning.
THanks
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 12:16:41 PM