Any Utility to kill PocketPC ActiveSync running on the PC ?

Active Sync run on the PC as a process. Is there any utility that I
can use to kill it ? I'm thinking of scheduling a task to kill Active
Sync everday after 1am in the morning.

THanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about utility kill pocketpc activesync running

    you could use task manager. Or use msconfig to change the startup items to
    stop it running altogether

    "flahmeshess" wrote:

    > Active Sync run on the PC as a process. Is there any utility that I
    > can use to kill it ? I'm thinking of scheduling a task to kill Active
    > Sync everday after 1am in the morning.
    >
    > THanks.

    If you try & delete it, it comes back I think, so, you cannot use either of
    those ideas I don't think.

    Crouchie1998
    BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

    Thanks for your suggestion. I cannot use a manual methods as I want to
    schedule it.

    You know of any utility that I can use to kill a process ? May be
    something like:

    kill_process wcescomm.exe
    kill_process WCESMgr.exe

    If there is such an utility like kill_process, then I can schedule it.

    Thanks.

    Ian wrote:
    > you could use task manager. Or use msconfig to change the startup
    items to
    > stop it running altogether
    >
    > "flahmeshess" wrote:
    >
    > > Active Sync run on the PC as a process. Is there any utility that
    > > can use to kill it ? I'm thinking of scheduling a task to kill
    Active
    > > Sync everday after 1am in the morning.
    > >
    > > THanks.

    Active Sync run on the PC as a process. Is there any utility that I
    can use to kill it ? I'm thinking of scheduling a task to kill Active
    Sync everday after 1am in the morning.

    THanks.

    Is there any utility that I can use to kill a window process ? I'm
    thinking of scheduling a task to kill the process everday after 1am in
    the morning.
    THanks

    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pskill.shtml

    flahmeshess wrote:

    > Is there any utility that I can use to kill a window process ? I'm
    > thinking of scheduling a task to kill the process everday after 1am in
    > the morning.
    > THanks

Microsoft Windows