Recycle Bin

January 15, 2005 6:21:02 PM

My Recycle Bin empties itself every so often when I turn the computer on or
when I reboot. It doesn't happen every time, but periodically. I can't find
any setting that will keep this from happening. Does anyone have an answer?

More about : recycle bin

Anonymous
January 15, 2005 11:27:01 PM

"Trish" wrote:
My Recycle Bin empties itself every so often when I turn the computer on or

Kelly has a fix for this quirk. *;-) Try Tweak 64 column B:

Cheers,

Russell
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 1:45:10 PM

Trish,

Are you using a third-party system maintenance utility, which can clear the TEMP/ Recycle Bin at some interval? Some examples:

System Mechanic scheduler
Norton Utilities
Zone Alarm Pro with Cache cleaning schedule set
and so forth...

How to manage Windows Startup?:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED7E28F3-4959-4B5E-8587-DE40611C3AF4@microsoft.com...
My Recycle Bin empties itself every so often when I turn the computer on or
when I reboot. It doesn't happen every time, but periodically. I can't find
any setting that will keep this from happening. Does anyone have an answer?
January 18, 2005 2:57:02 PM

I finally found the setting in Zone Alarm Pro and changed it. Thanks for the
help.
Trish

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Trish,
>
> Are you using a third-party system maintenance utility, which can clear the TEMP/ Recycle Bin at some interval? Some examples:
>
> System Mechanic scheduler
> Norton Utilities
> Zone Alarm Pro with Cache cleaning schedule set
> and so forth...
>
> How to manage Windows Startup?:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED7E28F3-4959-4B5E-8587-DE40611C3AF4@microsoft.com...
> My Recycle Bin empties itself every so often when I turn the computer on or
> when I reboot. It doesn't happen every time, but periodically. I can't find
> any setting that will keep this from happening. Does anyone have an answer?

Anonymous
January 19, 2005 4:35:05 AM

You're welcome Trish.

>> Zone Alarm Pro