Recycle Bin

My Recycle Bin empties itself every so often when I turn the computer on or
when I reboot. It doesn't happen every time, but periodically. I can't find
any setting that will keep this from happening. Does anyone have an answer?
4 answers Last reply
More about recycle

    "Trish" wrote:
    My Recycle Bin empties itself every so often when I turn the computer on or

    Kelly has a fix for this quirk. *;-) Try Tweak 64 column B:

    Cheers,

    Russell

    Trish,

    Are you using a third-party system maintenance utility, which can clear the TEMP/ Recycle Bin at some interval? Some examples:

    System Mechanic scheduler
    Norton Utilities
    Zone Alarm Pro with Cache cleaning schedule set
    and so forth...

    How to manage Windows Startup?:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED7E28F3-4959-4B5E-8587-DE40611C3AF4@microsoft.com...
    My Recycle Bin empties itself every so often when I turn the computer on or
    when I reboot. It doesn't happen every time, but periodically. I can't find
    any setting that will keep this from happening. Does anyone have an answer?

    I finally found the setting in Zone Alarm Pro and changed it. Thanks for the
    help.
    Trish

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Trish,
    >
    > Are you using a third-party system maintenance utility, which can clear the TEMP/ Recycle Bin at some interval? Some examples:
    >
    > System Mechanic scheduler
    > Norton Utilities
    > Zone Alarm Pro with Cache cleaning schedule set
    > and so forth...
    >
    > How to manage Windows Startup?:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED7E28F3-4959-4B5E-8587-DE40611C3AF4@microsoft.com...
    > My Recycle Bin empties itself every so often when I turn the computer on or
    > when I reboot. It doesn't happen every time, but periodically. I can't find
    > any setting that will keep this from happening. Does anyone have an answer?

    You're welcome Trish.

    >> Zone Alarm Pro

    As said earlier.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Trish,
    >
    > Are you using a third-party system maintenance utility, which can clear the TEMP/ Recycle Bin at some interval? Some examples:
    >
    > System Mechanic scheduler
    > Norton Utilities
    > Zone Alarm Pro with Cache cleaning schedule set
    > and so forth...
    >
    > How to manage Windows Startup?:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED7E28F3-4959-4B5E-8587-DE40611C3AF4@microsoft.com...
    > My Recycle Bin empties itself every so often when I turn the computer on or
    > when I reboot. It doesn't happen every time, but periodically. I can't find
    > any setting that will keep this from happening. Does anyone have an answer?

Computers Microsoft Windows XP