Logon to a Domain through a wireless connection

I'm having a problem logging on to our company domain through a wireless
connection. I was able to add myself on to the domain. It took a while to
register itself but it worked. Now, when I try to log on to the domain, it
tells me that the domain is not available.

Any ideas why I can't log on to my company domain? I'm standing right next
to the access point and the connection is strong.

Help

Jasper

It's more than likely nothing to do with the wireless connection. Try
through a wired connection.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Jasper Recto" wrote:
| I'm having a problem logging on to our company domain through a wireless
| connection. I was able to add myself on to the domain. It took a while
| register itself but it worked. Now, when I try to log on to the domain,
it
| tells me that the domain is not available.
|
| Any ideas why I can't log on to my company domain? I'm standing right
next
| to the access point and the connection is strong.
|
| Help
|
| Jasper

I have no problems through a wired connection. It's only when I'm on a
wireless connection. I have other laptops that can log on to the domain
through a wireless connection but they have built in wireless cards. This
one is a Cisco Aironet PC card.

Any ideas?
Thanks
"Dave Patrick" <mail@Nospam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
> It's more than likely nothing to do with the wireless connection. Try
> through a wired connection.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Jasper Recto" wrote:
> | I'm having a problem logging on to our company domain through a wireless
> | connection. I was able to add myself on to the domain. It took a while
> | register itself but it worked. Now, when I try to log on to the domain,
> it
> | tells me that the domain is not available.
> |
> | Any ideas why I can't log on to my company domain? I'm standing right
> next
> | to the access point and the connection is strong.
> |
> | Help
> |
> | Jasper

You might have better luck asking here.
http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=main

--

"Jasper Recto" wrote:
|I have no problems through a wired connection. It's only when I'm on a
| wireless connection. I have other laptops that can log on to the domain
| through a wireless connection but they have built in wireless cards. This
| one is a Cisco Aironet PC card.
|
| Any ideas?
| Thanks

Ian

Are you using the correct WEP key? Is your PC's MAC address authorised to
connect to the AP?

"Jasper Recto" wrote:

> I'm having a problem logging on to our company domain through a wireless
> connection. I was able to add myself on to the domain. It took a while to
> register itself but it worked. Now, when I try to log on to the domain, it
> tells me that the domain is not available.
>
> Any ideas why I can't log on to my company domain? I'm standing right next
> to the access point and the connection is strong.
>
> Help
>
> Jasper

Yes it is on both questions. If I log on locally and not on the domain, I
can access the network. For some reason, it just won't work when I try to
log on to the domain. It tells me that the domain is unavailable even
though I was able to add my laptop to the domain on the wireless connection.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jasper
"Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Are you using the correct WEP key? Is your PC's MAC address authorised to
> connect to the AP?
>

> "Jasper Recto" wrote:
>
> > I'm having a problem logging on to our company domain through a wireless
> > connection. I was able to add myself on to the domain. It took a while
> > register itself but it worked. Now, when I try to log on to the domain,
it
> > tells me that the domain is not available.
> >
> > Any ideas why I can't log on to my company domain? I'm standing right
next
> > to the access point and the connection is strong.
> >
> > Help
> >
> > Jasper

Did you ever get past this point? I have the same problem and believe it has
to do with the state of the wireless card when the PC is booted. Thanks in
advance.