Error Message During Setup

During setup at the point where it is, "Performing Final Tasks" and
Registers Components, I get the following error message:

"Could not open boot file". Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Kenneth

How are you installing? To do a clean install, either boot the Windows 2000
install CD-Rom or setup disks. The set of four install disks can be created
from your Windows 2000 CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk directory on the
CD-Rom and execute makeboot.exe (from dos) or makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and
follow the prompts.

Be sure to apply these to your new install before connecting to any network.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/6/A/E6A04295-D2A8-40D0-A0C5-241BFECD095E/W2KSP4_EN.EXE

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Kenneth Bryant" wrote:
| During setup at the point where it is, "Performing Final Tasks" and
| Registers Components, I get the following error message:
|
| "Could not open boot file". Does anyone know how to fix this?
|
| Thanks in advance,
|
| Kenneth

I apologize for leaving out the relevant information. I am installing
Windows 2000 Advanced Server (Microsoft Select Customer version with SP4
included) on a Compaq Proliant CL380 cluster server. I am using Compaq
Smartstart version 5.50 for the install of all of the SCSI drivers and
software for the server. Once the Smartstart program finishes installing
the drivers, it asks for the Windows 2000 Advanced Server CD and starts
installing Windows 2000. That is all I can think of. Does this change the
approach to solving my issue?
"Dave Patrick" <mail@Nospam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
> How are you installing? To do a clean install, either boot the Windows
2000
> install CD-Rom or setup disks. The set of four install disks can be
created
> from your Windows 2000 CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk directory on the
> CD-Rom and execute makeboot.exe (from dos) or makebt32.exe (from 32 bit)
and
> follow the prompts.
>
> When you get to the point, delete the existing NTFS and or other
partitions
> found. After you delete the partition(s) abort the install, then again
> restart the pc booting the CD-Rom or setup disks to avoid unexpected drive
> letter assignments with your new install.
>
> Be sure to apply these to your new install before connecting to any
network.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/6/A/E6A04295-D2A8-40D0-A0C5-241BFECD095E/W2KSP4_EN.EXE
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-043.mspx
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-049.mspx
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Kenneth Bryant" wrote:
> | During setup at the point where it is, "Performing Final Tasks" and
> | Registers Components, I get the following error message:
> |
> | "Could not open boot file". Does anyone know how to fix this?
> |
> | Thanks in advance,
> |
> | Kenneth

Looks like Mike has answer in .advanced_server

--

"Kenneth Bryant" <kenneth_bryant@checksinthemail.com> wrote in message
|I apologize for leaving out the relevant information. I am installing
| Windows 2000 Advanced Server (Microsoft Select Customer version with SP4
| included) on a Compaq Proliant CL380 cluster server. I am using Compaq
| Smartstart version 5.50 for the install of all of the SCSI drivers and
| software for the server. Once the Smartstart program finishes installing
| the drivers, it asks for the Windows 2000 Advanced Server CD and starts
| installing Windows 2000. That is all I can think of. Does this change
the
| approach to solving my issue?

TRENDING THREADS