Lost Windows 2000 Pro CD - How Do I Reinstall OS?

I have a Dell with MS2000 Professional and want to re-install the OS but have
no CD. I am not sure if it even came with one. How do I get one, or how do
re-install the OS? Dell? Microsoft?

The computer is a P3 1Ghz and I don't really want to spend anything on it.

Thanks,

Barry
5 answers Last reply
More about lost windows 2000 reinstall

    If it was an OEM CD then you'll need to contact Dell

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    pekoe wrote:
    > I have a Dell with MS2000 Professional and want to re-install the OS
    > but have no CD. I am not sure if it even came with one. How do I
    > get one, or how do re-install the OS? Dell? Microsoft?
    >
    > The computer is a P3 1Ghz and I don't really want to spend anything
    > on it.

    Does it still have the licence sticker on the case?

    If so then just get a CDR of windows 2000 from someone and install it from
    that

    --
    Alex

    Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
    Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

    www.drzoidberg.co.uk
    www.sffh.co.uk
    www.ebayfaq.co.uk

    It does have the sticker - the trick is finding someone who uses 2000. Most
    people use XP.

    Thanks for the tip, though!

    pekoe wrote:
    > I have a Dell with MS2000 Professional and want to re-install the OS but have
    > no CD. I am not sure if it even came with one. How do I get one, or how do
    > re-install the OS? Dell? Microsoft?
    >
    > The computer is a P3 1Ghz and I don't really want to spend anything on it.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Barry

    If it was a retail license and you have proof of purchase:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

    If it was an OEM license, you should contact the computer's
    manufacturer.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    pekoe wrote:
    > It does have the sticker - the trick is finding someone who uses
    > 2000. Most people use XP.

    If you were in the Uk I know plenty of people who would be able to help you
    out.
    --
    Alex

    Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
    Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

    www.drzoidberg.co.uk
    www.sffh.co.uk
    www.ebayfaq.co.uk

Microsoft Windows 2000 Dell CD-Rom Windows