Predictions off the price of a 8800GTS/GTX in 6 month

fullmetal001

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
hi,

i was just wondering how the price is going to fluctuate from the ~300pound for a gts to 400-500pound (588$ gts, 700$+ gtx)

so how does it look in the future will the price of one go down by alot ot will it just go down buy a few pound,

reason for asking is because i will most proberly buy one for ma new system in about 6 month?

so any predictions about the price in half a year?

i think they will proberly go down to 150-200 for a gts, and 250-350 for a gtx (pound)

Thanks

Crapola

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2006
Well, you can already get the GTX for $600 and GTS for $400... at newegg after rebates... I would think that in 6 months, with new competition from ATI, it should drop another $50-$100... at least I hope... But then again, the midrange cards will probably fill that price gap.... :cry:

PCAnalyst

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
Well in the past we have seen as much as 24.4% drops on average per year depreciation of computer technology pricing(source:www.economics.harvard.edu)

with that in mind you could assume similarly...

So with an initial US $ price tag of $659... we should be in the ball park of about $498 by November 07.

If you want you can cut that amount in half for a 6 month period so:
$659 start to (6months) - about $580

Given that the card has already dropped 9% since its release early November to $USD599... and from this point on assume the 2% per month drop normalizing then:

From today... $599 - (6mo X 2%/mo) = ~ $72 (DROP)
So you could see the card around $530 USD... all things being equal.

Just convert to euros using roughly the same percentages... if you want to :wink:

fullmetal001

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
lol i was more looking it dropping a bit more lol, with the new gfx from ati, and what are ure predictions about the 8600? how much slower will it be do us think? and how much will it cost (do u think)

and will the 8900gt/gts/gtx etc not force the price down as it will most likly be clocked higher...?

Aerobernardo

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2006
If it is for gaming I supose you should spend that U$600,00 on a Premium PS3. Wait for at least a year till they launch something strong and worth it. All that this card adds by now is decent framerate on Oblivion. In six months only Crysis might make it worth some cash, but not 600.

I got my 1900Xtx and wont buy me a R600 next year. Ima get the cash for a PS3 and then in 2008 I shall try another one. DX10 won't be that big. Its a DX9c that copy instructions instead of redoing it, making gaming faster. You wont see much grafic revolutions on this card, if price is the matter at least stick with a mid range.

Merry Xmas you all

PCAnalyst

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
lol i was more looking it dropping a bit more lol, with the new gfx from ati, and what are ure predictions about the 8600? how much slower will it be do us think? and how much will it cost (do u think)
It was just an estimated guess... which is all we can really do at this point. Typically when a lower card is introduced it has little effect on the higher end card as far as price goes... and unfortunately I have not reviewed the 8600 card... no need really.

and will the 8900gt/gts/gtx etc not force the price down as it will most likly be clocked higher...?

Always... I figured any price drops to be when all things are equal - meaning that there has been No change in the market around it during the 6 months time frame.

Of course this is highly unlikely and theoretically works in your favor.

With a new card pushing the older version out of the price range it will be determined on the relative success of the G80 by the time the G89 comes out(or whatever its codename).

I will wave my hand over the crystal ball and say the card will likely drop $100 USD by the arrival time of the 8900.

I know it doesn't sound like much but the crystal ball never lies :wink:

69camaroSS

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
Small change in the next 6 months after the initial boom, but it's still a high end graphics card. Don't expect it to be cheap

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
Well in the past we have seen as much as 24.4% drops on average per year depreciation of computer technology pricing(source:www.economics.harvard.edu)

with that in mind you could assume similarly...

So with an initial US $ price tag of $659... we should be in the ball park of about $498 by November 07.

If you want you can cut that amount in half for a 6 month period so:
$659 start to (6months) - about $580

Given that the card has already dropped 9% since its release early November to $USD599... and from this point on assume the 2% per month drop normalizing then:

From today... $599 - (6mo X 2%/mo) = ~ $72 (DROP)
So you could see the card around $530 USD... all things being equal.

Just convert to euros using roughly the same percentages... if you want to :wink:

why does this post seem familiar...? Have you used it before?!