Msdirect.sys, virus not removing permenantly

Hi,
I am using Windows 2000 Adcanced Server. My systems is effected with a
virus. I checked with norton and mcafee it detects a file msdirectx.sys file
as virus and removing, but after restarting the same file is reappearing. As
per the instructions I tried remove some registry entries related with
msdirect.sys, but I am not able to remove this even I am in safe mode. After
this virus is effected this server is not accessible from network, it says
"network name not found" or "network is not accessible" etc. Also I am not
able to take Task manager, Install some another antivurs etc. Pls help me to
resolve this problem at the earliest.

Thanks
Sabu.

Its the SDBOT Worm

It is picked up by Symantec, Sophos, McAfee, but it disable antivirus
software & that is why you are not getting it shown

My advice is to install & run:

SpyBot S & D. Download here:

http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html

It is the best of all the spyware/adware programs & it also is totally FREE.

Make sure after you install it you backup your registry & then download all
the available updates. Close after updating automatically & run a scan. You
will be shocked about the stuff it will remove

I hope this helps

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE