• Compatibility
  • Windows Vista
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 20, 2006 7:28:02 PM

Re: G80 Vista driver NOT coming in December
Well, Lets See.

I bought an 8800 GTS card via an online vendor, and have now decided to dispute the purchase with my credit card company because of the 'no return' policy. The card still is not what it claims to be, and still does not offer Vista support. That, along with the lack of legitimate explanations for missing beta drivers less than 1 month and 1 week from Vista scares me.

Nobody realizes the bad thing about lack of G80 Vista driver support at this stage-

G80 DOES NOT WORK WITH VISTA !!!

Nvidia is more worried about letting the public see/hear about how messed up the drivers are this close to 'official release', because it makes a stronger case that they are guilty of false advertising, as well as misrepresenting their product - Direct X 10 Capable, Vista recommended (really, how? when? in which country?) They should have labled their marketing materials 'VISTA READY we hope

It is not ready. Otherwise, there would be a Beta driver available. Notice how there are no disclaimers anywhere, and no dialogue regarding the status of the drivers. They are claiming that G80 Vista compatibility comes INTO EFFECT on the public release of Vista. NONSENSE ! What they mean is, they are screwed, and are having a hard time making something work. They should say they decided not to let the public experience how bad their expensive product works with Vista until they HAVE to.

Nvidia is trying to bulldoze over the inconvenient fact that they have serious trouble on their hands for false advertising.

This is really a pathetic PR disaster. Nvidia is smart by keeping their mouths shut, as they don't have anything they coud possibly make things better. I hope they have a functional Beta ready by Jan 30. People be happy if they can play hard without crashes, glitches etc. And they will also be happy for basic Vista functionality (beyond, say, being able to increase desktop resolution).

More about : 8800 nvidia g80 compatible vista

December 20, 2006 8:10:05 PM

ummm yeah....
December 20, 2006 8:23:11 PM

You poor thing. I think a lawsuit is in order.

Funny thing is you keep spouting this same crap in a few threads now and even provided a link to nvidia's forum about this. I see a lot of whining there, but this post pretty much summed it up:

Quote:
Secondly

You cannot build a Driver while a an OS is Beta or RC as there are still changes being made to the core which can in the end, effect the driver, causing a conflict of some form.

lastly im not really worried that you can't play games.. thats not nvidia's fault, thats your own fault for expecting to much as you early adopters do.

the OS was released to Businesses and MSDN officially, not for game play, for business and development usage, im sorry if you got a copy becoz you submitted a bug, but this is microsofts fault here for letting you have the OS before it had decent support by anyone.

Nvidia has not stated it will release a driver next week, that is the inquirer.. as usual.

Nvidia never puts a release date on its drivers, they will be done when they are done, so don't get your hopes up, becoz there is every chance you will be disappointed.

at the moment it seems the Inq is trying to make Nvidia look bad.

and btw, Buggy drivers can burn your graphics card out, i saw it happen on the Forceware 60 beta's on about 20 cards with one of the beta's.

its not just that though, to be able to install these video drivres on Vistax64, they MUST be driver signed as WHQL certification is mandatory in Vistax64 so this will push back a Vista driver release even further.

onw for the love of god, drop the subject,.. stop with the speculation

Brian has posted that info on the Vista drivers, emails has been sent out and apparently a guy that was banned from here recently got in touch with on of the Nvidia tech engineers who will be raising the whole Vista Ready labelling and marketting problem up.....

its time to
a. get a girlfriend
b. go and take a walk.
or c. go to the beach and relax. while your waiting the next few weeks for the drivers.. go get some exercise, so when the card is ready, you won't have a heartattach becoz of the sheer power of the G80

The bolded parts are done by me, and it's post #49 on this page:
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s=8d177024a7167f30b0...
Related resources
December 20, 2006 8:47:05 PM

Hi,

Please go step in front of a city bus. Thanks,

-mpjesse
December 20, 2006 8:47:48 PM

Quote:
Hi,

-mpjesse

I remember you telling that one already. :twisted:
December 20, 2006 8:52:19 PM

Quote:
Re: G80 Vista driver NOT coming in December
Well, Lets See.

I bought an 8800 GTS card via an online vendor, and have now decided to dispute the purchase with my credit card company because of the 'no return' policy. The card still is not what it claims to be, and still does not offer Vista support. That, along with the lack of legitimate explanations for missing beta drivers less than 1 month and 1 week from Vista scares me.

Nobody realizes the bad thing about lack of G80 Vista driver support at this stage-

G80 DOES NOT WORK WITH VISTA !!!

Nvidia is more worried about letting the public see/hear about how messed up the drivers are this close to 'official release', because it makes a stronger case that they are guilty of false advertising, as well as misrepresenting their product - Direct X 10 Capable, Vista recommended (really, how? when? in which country?) They should have labled their marketing materials 'VISTA READY we hope

It is not ready. Otherwise, there would be a Beta driver available. Notice how there are no disclaimers anywhere, and no dialogue regarding the status of the drivers. They are claiming that G80 Vista compatibility comes INTO EFFECT on the public release of Vista. NONSENSE ! What they mean is, they are screwed, and are having a hard time making something work. They should say they decided not to let the public experience how bad their expensive product works with Vista until they HAVE to.

Nvidia is trying to bulldoze over the inconvenient fact that they have serious trouble on their hands for false advertising.

This is really a pathetic PR disaster. Nvidia is smart by keeping their mouths shut, as they don't have anything they coud possibly make things better. I hope they have a functional Beta ready by Jan 30. People be happy if they can play hard without crashes, glitches etc. And they will also be happy for basic Vista functionality (beyond, say, being able to increase desktop resolution).

You know, it doesn't help your argument to have such a poorly written post.
December 20, 2006 8:53:07 PM

Yes, but I really like that one!
December 20, 2006 9:05:32 PM

Personally I've never rushed out and bought a new OS as soon as it comes out anyway.

Let someone else find out the bugs and incompatability isssue's for you.
Then when the service packs and updates come out you benefit form someone else's bad experience.

Same can be applied to device drivers, Wait its not like they will never make a vista driver for your card, Stay with XP for a bit longer, Problem solved.
December 20, 2006 9:07:05 PM

Quote:
Hi,

-mpjesse

Such a nice young man[/old lady]
December 20, 2006 9:11:09 PM

Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough attention when you were a child? [/fullmetaljacket]
December 20, 2006 9:19:36 PM

The new graphics card you bought doesn't work with an OS that is not officially released yet? OMG! Call teh WHAAAAMBULANCE!

Seriously though, the Vista drivers are all BETA, by using the beta you are doing testing, not using a real product that comes with anything you have a legal foot to stand on. Even on a retail product you barely have a legal foot to stand on either due to EULA crap.

And its not the retailer's fault for the card not working, getting on their case just brings them more grief, though I seriously doubt the credit card company is going to do anything about it since your complaint has to do with a BETA software package not even out.

The Vista READY and Vista compatible programs are a series of tests that EVERY hardware manufacturer must do in order to use the logos. Having chatted up some MS employees regarding this, our business learned what all that entails. Its a LOT of work, and would require it in a far more up to date state than you claim it to be.

If your beef is with you using RC1, and nvidia's drivers are meant for RC2 (which was what I had experienced trying an nvidia card on vista before), the RC1 compatible drivers were still downloadable, just not the most recent. Again, these are all BETA, meaning you are using them at YOUR OWN RISK, you have no recourse for things not working as you yourself expect them to work.

The proper analogy is moving into a building that is not yet finished, you can move in your high expensive refrigerator, TV, or Server farm.. but if the wiring and security setup is not fully done, you have no recourse if something bad happens.

Seriously, deal with it and wait for vista to be released. If you're so hot for windows vista or other products so early go get a job with microsoft and do your part to make their products get finished faster. Either that or get a job with Nvidia and write drivers, the guy I know was looking for experienced programmers.
December 20, 2006 9:42:21 PM

Lol... if G80 doesn't work with vista, do you even realize how much of a deep shit Nvidia is going to be in?

Vista is not out yet, so don't comment on G80 working or not working with it. But if it is vista ready and dx10 compliant, there is no way it won't work with stable releases of drivers etc.
December 20, 2006 9:43:27 PM

Boo frickity hoo
December 20, 2006 9:46:38 PM

Quote:
Yes, but I really like that one!

ok then. :lol: 
December 20, 2006 9:47:58 PM

Quote:
The new graphics card you bought doesn't work with an OS that is not officially released yet? OMG! Call teh WHAAAAMBULANCE!

Seriously though, the Vista drivers are all BETA, by using the beta you are doing testing, not using a real product that comes with anything you have a legal foot to stand on. Even on a retail product you barely have a legal foot to stand on either due to EULA crap.

Seconded!

Quote:
Personally I've never rushed out and bought a new OS as soon as it comes out anyway.

Let someone else find out the bugs and incompatability isssue's for you.
Then when the service packs and updates come out you benefit form someone else's bad experience.

Same can be applied to device drivers, Wait its not like they will never make a vista driver for your card, Stay with XP for a bit longer, Problem solved.

And again, Seconded!
December 20, 2006 10:20:59 PM

Quote:
G80 Vista driver NOT coming in December

Hmm... let's see OMG, Vista is NOT coming in December either! What a surprise! Seriously... think before you speak. It's people like you that we at the forum just... well... yeah... "dislike"
December 21, 2006 5:10:07 AM

Lol this thread is funny, i got a 8800GTS because it runs DX9 games so awesome who cares about vista? everyone who is somewhat smart enough uses XP, UNLESS, your beta testing Vista, even then beta testing vista shouldnt including playing video games when DX10 doesnt even come with the beta.
December 21, 2006 5:33:45 AM

Quote:
i got a 8800GTS because it runs DX9 games so awesome who cares about vista? everyone who is somewhat smart enough uses XP, UNLESS, your beta testing Vista, even then beta testing vista shouldnt including playing video games when DX10 doesnt even come with the beta.

I guess he's never heard of dual-boot. Genius. I'd say he deserves atleast 8 pages of flaming.
December 21, 2006 5:44:17 AM

Fill out a bug report....
December 21, 2006 5:57:51 AM

bet $10 the OP doesnt even have ****s to come back and reply.
December 21, 2006 6:33:14 AM

You sir are as annoying as fanboy, and I think you should apply as an ATI fanboy, since now you hate Nvidia. In fact, after you an ATI fanboy, please destory your G80, and never buy Nvidia products again. With it, you must stay as an ATI fanboy forever and never use Nvidia, or any company that supports Nvidia. Also, don't buy any games that are ment for Nvidia's graphic cards.

One last thing, how about a cup of STFU with that order of the flaming menu?
December 21, 2006 6:49:23 AM

Don't know where he's coming from. DX10 is an API, independent of hardware.

Now if he was on about lack of SLI support, I might agree. I have yet to see SLI work on RC2. But my two 6800 Ultras are running under the DX10 api just fine thank you.

Drivers will take a bit to work out. Too bad MS went back on their word about beta keys working on RTM.... My pretty Vista goes belly up in Feb....
December 21, 2006 10:39:33 AM

Quote:
You sir are as annoying as fanboy, and I think you should apply as an ATI fanboy, since now you hate Nvidia. In fact, after you an ATI fanboy, <b>please destory your G80</b>, quote]

NO!!! 8O Have him send it to me!!!! and then have him Just attach a Plazma grenade then click here for the result -click- and problem solved! :twisted:
I hope the coding works- if not sorry guys for being a html noob.
I fix computers play games and not much time for anything else.
December 21, 2006 11:46:58 AM

Quote:
Hi,

-mpjesse

how bout " there's a bus leaving town in 20 minutes, be in front of it"
a c 365 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 21, 2006 1:50:21 PM

Your post is really funny 'coz you expect the 8800 series to be compatible with a new OS that is not even available for sale.

Let this be a lessen to you. Never become an early adoptor if you do not want to deal with beta drivers and software.

As everyone else has stated, just STFU. nVidia wll deliver proper DX10 drivers for the 8800. All you have to do is wait unless for some reason you have in your own hands a DX10 only game that is not playable on Win XP. Highly unlikely.

Either calm down and just enjoy the raw power that it currently offers for DX9 games, or as mpjesse has stated, just step in front of a city bus.
December 21, 2006 4:31:30 PM

Quote:

Thank you NVIDIA FANBOYZ for keeping it topped. You all need girlfriends and PCS since it is obvious you all are xboxers.

Since nobody could refute the issues I brought up, GFY !

I would like to hear one logical explanation why g80 cannot provide acceleration in Vista 1 month away from 'official' Vista release. If you wanna wave your 1 inch willies around and ignore the issue, feel free. I just wanted to warn off all the poor nvidiots who were stupid enough to believe that VISTA READY meant that you could actually use it with Vista. It is an expensive lesson, if you choose to believe that Nvidia is simply 'finishing up' driver support vs being totally hosed on issues.
December 21, 2006 5:10:10 PM

1-liek omg wait for official vista release.. dx10 and games that arent even out

2- basically right now you own one of the best dx9 gpu at the moment

3- read 1
December 21, 2006 5:10:19 PM

Quote:
Thank you NVIDIA FANBOYZ for keeping it topped. You all need girlfriends and PCS since it is obvious you all are xboxers.

Yes, the true solution is AMD. As it turns out, the R600 is fully Vista ready. Unreleased hardware works with an unreleased OS.

Maybe bump this post 'after' Vista is actually released if this is still the case.
December 21, 2006 5:24:48 PM

Quote:

I would like to hear one logical explanation why g80 cannot provide acceleration in Vista 1 month away from 'official' Vista release. If you wanna wave your 1 inch willies around and ignore the issue, feel free. I just wanted to warn off all the poor nvidiots who were stupid enough to believe that VISTA READY meant that you could actually use it with Vista. It is an expensive lesson, if you choose to believe that Nvidia is simply 'finishing up' driver support vs being totally hosed on issues.

So you need a logical explaination? OK:

How about.. VISTA IS NOT OUT YET! YOU ARE USING A BETA VERSION, WHICH IS NOT GUARENTEED TO HAVE ALL THE FEATURES AND COMPATIBILITY OF THE FINAL PRODUCT.

And just for your information, Vista only requires a DX 9 (hardware) compatible Video Card to run. You only need a DX10 card to use the advanced DX10 FEATURES (which are NOT included in the BETA RC's).

Now.. sit down and have a big glass of STFU.
December 21, 2006 5:40:48 PM

MmMM your tears taste so good

seriosuly dude the 1st Dx10 game isnt even slated to come out till March (Crysis), i dont understand why people rushed to get G8800's with out waiting to see what ATI is coming out with....while this will sound fan boyish im gonna laugh my ass off if the R600 mops the floor with the 8800s.
December 21, 2006 5:51:55 PM

If I were you I'd cool down a bit and not be so impatient about Vista.
Your computer, and your games will all perform slower once you "upgrade" to vista. It supports DX9 (99% of games) through multiple abstraction layers, performance is bound to take a hit.
On the other hand, yes, it's pretty.
December 21, 2006 5:52:52 PM

OMG what a funny thread, this brings the kind of seasonal laughter and joy I had been hoping for. May the jokes about DX10 and Vista last way, way, way into the New Year.

Merry Christmas Guys and may all your chestnuts be roasted by the flaming.

:lol: 
December 21, 2006 6:02:09 PM

Man,you must have a boring life. Your argumentation reminds me of the "my dad can beat your dad"-argument. I bet you just look for things to complain about.If someone got run over by a car right next to you, i bet you wouldn´t help,but sue the guy for the annoying sound it made.
When Vista gets released,and the drivers don´t work,then you can complain. As earlier stated,you can´t complain over non-existant(read:released) products.I once tried out a Rolls Royce,it handles like a barn in a storm,and i complained to the owner but he just looked at me like i was a loonie and replied:"It´s a Rolls!"
That car is not ment to be thrashed down bendy country roads,so don´t go there. Same with the beta drivers;not meant for it,don´t go there.
But,who knows,maybe Nvidia already has functioning drivers for vista,but since it is not released,well.........
December 21, 2006 6:03:17 PM

You, sir, are an idiot. There is NO WAY in hell that nVidia would design a $650 card and make it incompatible with Vista. If that were the case, they might as well close up shop right now.

I repeat: you, sir, are an idiot.
December 21, 2006 6:05:58 PM

Quote:
Don't know where he's coming from. DX10 is an API, independent of hardware.

Now if he was on about lack of SLI support, I might agree. I have yet to see SLI work on RC2. But my two 6800 Ultras are running under the DX10 api just fine thank you.

Drivers will take a bit to work out. Too bad MS went back on their word about beta keys working on RTM.... My pretty Vista goes belly up in Feb....

I'm not defending this guy but what he's saying is there are no driver for Vista and the 8800. They are not compatible with g-force drivers you use for you 6800. Some Nvidia reps have said the drivers or at beta drivers will be out by the 23rd. On the other hand the website states they wont be out until the consumer release of Vista. The have also admitted that they have had problems with bugs. Not really much of surprise as the XP driver are buggy still.

The final version is out there and I'm testing a copy now. This is not the RTM either. Vista has been release to business's which participate in the software assurance program.
December 21, 2006 6:10:45 PM

You're right, there are no Vista drivers for the 8800 yet. That's because it's a new-technology card (DX10) that just came out. For all previous cards they could wrap up all the drivers into one package because the technology was more or less the same (DX8/9).

Believe me, nVidia has Vista drivers in the works. And all 8800's will work withh Vista in DX10 mode when Vista is launched.
December 21, 2006 6:20:29 PM

Quote:
MmMM your tears taste so good

seriosuly dude the 1st Dx10 game isnt even slated to come out till March (Crysis), i dont understand why people rushed to get G8800's with out waiting to see what ATI is coming out with....while this will sound fan boyish im gonna laugh my ass off if the R600 mops the floor with the 8800s.
Actually Crysis has been delayed beyond March, and they have yet to state an official release date. :( 
December 21, 2006 6:27:04 PM

Quote:
You're right, there are no Vista drivers for the 8800 yet. That's because it's a new-technology card (DX10) that just came out. For all previous cards they could wrap up all the drivers into one package because the technology was more or less the same (DX8/9).

Believe me, nVidia has Vista drivers in the works. And all 8800's will work withh Vista in DX10 mode when Vista is launched.

I second that. Very well said mate. :wink:
December 21, 2006 6:29:22 PM

Quote:

Yes, the true solution is AMD. As it turns out, the R600 is fully Vista ready. Unreleased hardware works with an unreleased OS.

Maybe bump this post 'after' Vista is actually released if this is still the case.

I don't see why everyone is taking the OP so seriously. If he wants to whine and none of us cares... why don't we just let him and have fun at his expense?

-mcg
December 21, 2006 6:30:58 PM

It still needs a key... MS wants full price for RTM evaluation keys. Lucky you. Our company only bought 10 seats. I am not one of the 10...
December 21, 2006 6:36:03 PM

Quote:
im gonna laugh my ass off if the R600 mops the floor with the 8800s.

Now that i would like to see. But most likely it is not going to happen. ATI used to be good but they are falling behind lately and Nvidia takes the crown. The last ATI card i bought was the 9800 PRO then i switched to Nvidia. The way it is meant to be played. :) 
December 21, 2006 6:42:23 PM

Quote:

I don't see why everyone is taking the OP so seriously. If he wants to whine and none of us cares... why don't we just let him and have fun at his expense?

-mcg
Because some people have fun at the cost of other's misery.
December 21, 2006 6:48:57 PM

Video cards are like cars. You will always have to keep spending money on them and if you buy the best on the market, it will only be the best for a few months. Oh and the best part is when you try to sell them you will gonna get about half of the price of what you paid for them if you are lucky. :) 
December 21, 2006 6:59:40 PM

Sorry for being repetitive... but:

Nobody can buy Vista at this time. Companies havent begun selling computers with VISTA, and only large companies are attempting to implement the OS.

The card IS ready for VISTA, and Vista isnt out yet. Just because you were able to Download the RTM copy, doesnt entitle a whiny rant about it not working.

Wait till VISTA is actualy out for purchase, then complain.
December 21, 2006 7:01:04 PM

Quote:
Sorry for being repetitive... but:

Nobody can buy Vista at this time. Companies havent begun selling computers with VISTA, and only large companies are attempting to implement the OS.

The card IS ready for VISTA, and Vista isnt out yet. Just because you were able to Download the RTM copy, doesnt entitle a whiny rant about it not working.

Wait till VISTA is actualy out for purchase, then complain.

Amen to that :lol: 
December 21, 2006 7:03:53 PM

DX10 isn't even out yet, so there's no reaosn to use Vista. stfu.
December 21, 2006 7:10:02 PM

Well there is the aero glass. That could be a reason to use Vista. Though one could go to wincustomize.com and download a vista skin w/aero glass for windows XP. ...

If more people knew this....
December 21, 2006 7:34:12 PM

Man, they can't even get 8800 drivers to work right with WINXP. Don't even expect it to work with Vista properly. Check NVIDIA's forums. There are a lot of angry people with a lotta problems there.

I had to buy a new monitor just so the 8800 would work properly since there are compatibility issues out the motherfreaking wazoo. Game shaders are off, artifacts, monitors being fuzzy, monitors not working...long lists. Some have been fixed, some not.

If you guys spent a few hundred bucks on cutting edge technology and it's not all you dreamed of, you'd be a lil unhappy eh?

And yeah, cut me down for trying to use a 32inch LCD that damned near cost me a grand with a 450$ card and then had to buy another LCD just to use it properly when the 32inch worked fine with a 6800 and 7600...and still does when hooked back up.

G80 drivers blow at the moment...people have the right to be upset cause it's their money.

OP, boo to you for buying stuff on release and bitching about it not working right for at least a month now :roll: :lol: 
December 21, 2006 7:38:57 PM

Quote:

Sorry, but I am not a sissy whineing stupid homo like you, so I don't need to gf-myself and heres why:
1. I have a Girlfriend (cute blond with blue eyes+big nockers too!) and we are getting married around april. (She thinks you are such a whiner too!!)

2. You are the one that sounds like you need a girlfriend but I bet that you are TOO STUPID that you couldn't keep one, or KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH ONE, OR HOW TO PLEASE ONE, if you even had one. Go f- your hand you HOMO! :twisted:

3. Your points HAVE BEEN refuted, your just TOO STUPID to notice.
Go reread the posts!!!

4. I don't play the xbox much except to play halo 2 (and 3, when it comes out) and when they both come out for PC I won't need it anymore.

.............................................AND FINALY:............................................

5. WE ARE NOT NVIDIA OR MICROSOFT!!! AND WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR STUPID, Premature DX10 WHINEING RIGHT NOW, IF WE CAN PLAY ALL DX9 GAMES (eg. ELDER SCROLLS OBLIVION) WITH EVERYTHING TURNED UP TO THE MAX AND SOFTSHADOWS ENABLED AT THE SAME TIME WHILE WE FLY RIGHT BY EVERY ATI CARD AS IT CHOKES ON THOSE SETTINGS :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  !!!!!

( that yelling is for all of us guys that tryed to get it through his stupid head.)

SO, in conclusion... Send one of us your card, (you stupid womanless fag boy) and we will put it to good use because you obviously don't know what it's good for; or a Woman either. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
December 21, 2006 7:41:26 PM

I just purchased a 8800gts and have had no problems at all.

Monitors I use 22in gateway (1680x1050) and a 19in Samsung 1280x1024)

What possible monitor conflicts could there be? Are you saying dual link isnt working properly (30inch lcd).

And this is to be expected with each brand new technology. Its hard to accept when your the one spending the money, but it is the price to pay to be a first adopter.
      • 1 / 3
      • Newest
!