Windows 2k installed twice and reinstalling windows

Iam running windows 2000 and when booting up my computer. Its ask which OS to
load and windows 2000 is list 2 times. I would like to remove the other
windows that install on my computer anygot any ideas

How it got on there is when i tryed to reinstalled windows 2000 and didn't
really know what i was doing so i notice that it now asks at boot up which OS
do you want to load and list windows twice.
Thanks

Jd

i've seen this when the person does not remove the cd after an install.
Then they press a key to boot off the cd.

"Mjames" <Mjames@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Iam running windows 2000 and when booting up my computer. Its ask which OS
> load and windows 2000 is list 2 times. I would like to remove the other
> windows that install on my computer anygot any ideas
>
> How it got on there is when i tryed to reinstalled windows 2000 and didn't
> really know what i was doing so i notice that it now asks at boot up which
OS
> do you want to load and list windows twice.
> Thanks

Edit your boot.ini file - you may have change your "view" settings to show
hidden/system files

This is where the list is - if identical, just delete one, and save

If not identical, just delete the one that points to the "old" version

HTH

JM