Standby freezes

WinXP Home system on laptop: system freezes in standby -- cursor won't move
when standby mode is ended. Any suggestions as to what the problem might
be?
Thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about standby freezes

    Hi,

    Mouse/touchpad driver needs to be reinstalled or updated would be my guess.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "ALLAN LEEDY" <raleedy@aracnet.com> wrote in message
    > WinXP Home system on laptop: system freezes in standby -- cursor won't
    > move
    > when standby mode is ended. Any suggestions as to what the problem might
    > be?
    > Thanks in advance.

    "ALLAN LEEDY" <raleedy@aracnet.com> wrote in message
    > WinXP Home system on laptop: system freezes in standby -- cursor won't
    > move
    > when standby mode is ended. Any suggestions as to what the problem
    > might
    > be?
    > Thanks in advance.

    Boot into Safe Mode and let the machine go into Standby mode (you might
    want to shorten the Standby interval during the test). Then see if you
    can bring it out of Standby mode okay. If so, something you load on
    Windows startup is interfering. If not, start updating your drivers.
    You might also want to review what power options are configured in your
    BIOS.

    E-mail: vanguard_help AT yahoo.com (append "#NEWS#" to Subject)

Laptops Cursor Microsoft Windows XP