WinXP Home system on laptop: system freezes in standby -- cursor won't move
when standby mode is ended. Any suggestions as to what the problem might
be?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Mouse/touchpad driver needs to be reinstalled or updated would be my guess.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"ALLAN LEEDY" <raleedy@aracnet.com> wrote in message
> WinXP Home system on laptop: system freezes in standby -- cursor won't
> move
> when standby mode is ended. Any suggestions as to what the problem might
> be?
> Thanks in advance.

vanguard

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004

"ALLAN LEEDY" <raleedy@aracnet.com> wrote in message
> WinXP Home system on laptop: system freezes in standby -- cursor won't
> move
> when standby mode is ended. Any suggestions as to what the problem
> might
> be?
> Thanks in advance.

Boot into Safe Mode and let the machine go into Standby mode (you might
want to shorten the Standby interval during the test). Then see if you
can bring it out of Standby mode okay. If so, something you load on
Windows startup is interfering. If not, start updating your drivers.
You might also want to review what power options are configured in your
BIOS.

E-mail: vanguard_help AT yahoo.com (append "#NEWS#" to Subject)