sony Clie

I'm getting this error message when trying to load the Sony Clie program for
my handheld. Any suggestions??

c:\\WINNT/SYSTEM32/AUTOEXEC.NET The sytem file is not suitable for running
MS.DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications

This article may help.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Paige" wrote:
| I'm getting this error message when trying to load the Sony Clie program
for
| my handheld. Any suggestions??
|
| c:\\WINNT/SYSTEM32/AUTOEXEC.NET The sytem file is not suitable for running
| MS.DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications

That link was great, thank you Dave. I have tried the steps it tells you to
take but this error message is coming up in cmd.
Destination is not a directory c:\windows\system32\config.nt. It does this
for Autoexec.nt and command.com

any suggestions???

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> This article may help.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Paige" wrote:
> | I'm getting this error message when trying to load the Sony Clie program
> for
> | my handheld. Any suggestions??
> |
> | c:\\WINNT/SYSTEM32/AUTOEXEC.NET The sytem file is not suitable for running
> | MS.DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications

I also cannot find %SYSTEMROOT%\system32. I've looked in WINNT and system32.

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> This article may help.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Paige" wrote:
> | I'm getting this error message when trying to load the Sony Clie program
> for
> | my handheld. Any suggestions??
> |
> | c:\\WINNT/SYSTEM32/AUTOEXEC.NET The sytem file is not suitable for running
> | MS.DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications

%SYSTEMROOT%\system32 = C:\winnt\system32

--

"Paige" wrote:
|I also cannot find %SYSTEMROOT%\system32. I've looked in WINNT and
system32.

I've tried this link, three times.... not working.
The article states it applies to Windows XP Professional and Home Edition.
I'm running Windowx 2000 Professional. Any other suggestions as to why its
not working?

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> %SYSTEMROOT%\system32 = C:\winnt\system32
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Paige" wrote:
> |I also cannot find %SYSTEMROOT%\system32. I've looked in WINNT and
> system32.

I also don't have my windows 2000 CD as this a rebuilt. Am I out of luck???

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> %SYSTEMROOT%\system32 = C:\winnt\system32
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Paige" wrote:
> |I also cannot find %SYSTEMROOT%\system32. I've looked in WINNT and
> system32.

Copy the files from the winnr\repair folder