changing the local admin password

Peeps,

I have a windows 2000 machine, but noone knows what the local admin password
is and the machine is not a memeber of our domain...is there a way to change
the local admin password without logging on as admin (or anyone else for
that matter)

TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about changing local admin password

    "ade" <noone@somewhere.net> wrote in message
    > Peeps,
    >
    > I have a windows 2000 machine, but noone knows what the local admin
    password
    > is and the machine is not a memeber of our domain...is there a way to
    change
    > the local admin password without logging on as admin (or anyone else for
    > that matter)
    >
    > TIA

    You question is equivalent to "Is there a way to opening
    the master safe at the bank without having the manager's
    key?". The answer is no, because if there was then there
    would be no point in the manager having the master key.

    .. . . unless you're prepared to use a jackhammer to break
    down the wall. Here is one:
    http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

    After you've cracked it, consider doing something about
    work documentation. If your IT department builds PCs
    without recording the master passwords then there is
    some obvious scope for improvement.

Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows