Deleting files and directories that are marked 'in use'

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 6, 2005 2:14:26 PM

On my Windows 2000 Server some code was run that has somehow left some files
and directories marked as 'in use' which is preventing me from removing
them. Any thoughts on what I can do to get rid of these bad files and
directories? Thanks.
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 5:07:30 AM

"Curt J Raddatz" <curtraddatz@community.nospam> wrote in message
> On my Windows 2000 Server some code was run that has somehow left some
files
> and directories marked as 'in use' which is preventing me from removing
> them. Any thoughts on what I can do to get rid of these bad files and
> directories? Thanks.

Press F8 during the early boot phase, select "Safe Mode",
then delete these files and folders.
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 7:07:30 PM

Thanks for the reply but there's a detail that will prevent that from
working. The server is in Florida (where my ISP is) and I'm in New Jersey
and the only access I have is via Terminal Services. I was hoping for some
'tool' that would do this while the server is running normally. If I don't
find such a thing I'll probably try to get my ISP to do it the way you
suggested.

!