AutoComple Info

How do I access the AutoComplete information is stored in Windows 2000
Protective Storage?

Auto complete for what?

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Crouchie1998" wrote:
| How do I access the AutoComplete information is stored in Windows 2000
| Protective Storage?

Are you talking about using TAB in the cmd-line to complete path/file names?

If so, you need to change this registry value:
Key: "HKU\NTUSER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor"
Value: CompletionChar
Type: REG_DWORD
Data: 9
Note: 9 is for the TAB character

--
MikeVa [MSFT]

Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias.
This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.
--
"Crouchie1998" <crouchie1998@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> How do I access the AutoComplete information is stored in Windows 2000
> Protective Storage?

Dave,

If you knew all about Protective Storage in Windows 2000 you would know what
I am talking about.

Protected Storage is a service that keeps all Outlook passwords, all
AutoComplete username/passwords etc.

The information seems to be stored as hex. All I want to do is read the
information & then convert it to ASCII using VB.NET.

Before you say this is a Windows 2000 forum & not a VB.NET one I am just
asking if there are any command line switches or if the information is
dumped into a certain file... what is the name of the file?

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

You said nothing of passwords hence the question. To reply to a post using
OE first highlight the post then click 'Reply' so the threads line up
correctly.