svchost taking 100% of cpu

have run anti virus and anti spyware and can fnd nothing. maybe i can use
tasklist to find which program is taking all my cpu ?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:qu25e.102$kl.94@fe05.lga,
billemery <emery_bill@hotmail.com> had this to say:

> have run anti virus and anti spyware and can fnd nothing. maybe i can
> use tasklist to find which program is taking all my cpu ?

Extract tlist.exe from your CD and then run it from the command line. That
will tell you what's associated with the svchost.exe which is a generic name
for any DLL loaded in memory. Then again, keep in mind, I'm only in the 2k
groups to learn because they interest me and there's still a large amount of
businesses running 2k for both servers and end-user platforms.

Galen

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

had the same problem - used hijack this program and deleted some things in
there that i did not recognize as belonging to any program that i run and
that took care of that along with spybot, ad aware se, microsoft
antispyware, cwshredder, and spysweeper. each one finds its own little
things that it considers spyware. just becareful what you delete when using
hijack this. but after you run all that it should be fine

"billemery" wrote:

> have run anti virus and anti spyware and can fnd nothing. maybe i can use
> tasklist to find which program is taking all my cpu ?

mark

I agree. Run those programs in Safe Mode, except HijackThis. Make sure to
empty the Recycle Bin before exiting Safe Mode.