Where get Microsoft SPY++ utility?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 7, 2005 2:58:18 PM

My understanding is that SPYXX.EXE is a utility that one can download
from the Microsoft web site, but I can't find it. Any help?

More about : microsoft spy utility

Anonymous
April 7, 2005 3:50:18 PM

Right, I looked at several of these sites already; it's nowhere to be
found. I guess it's a part of Visual C++ and is not available as a
standalone utility. Nice utility to get the classname of an open app.

In article <tmja5111jl40eemmj3kjpkkllh13vbuhq2@4ax.com>,
jtsmith@pacifier.com says...
> On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 10:58:18 -0400, Rick Charnes
> <rickxyz--nospam.zyxcharnes@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> http://search.microsoft.com/search/search.aspx?st=b&Vie...
> Go here (a good site to bookmark) and enter
>
> SPYXX.EXE
>

> John Thomas Smith
> http://www.direct2usales.com
> http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

April 8, 2005 2:24:14 AM

That's right and in fact the one in Visual Studio 2002 or 2003 whichever is the only one that works in Windows 2000. The one in VS6 won't work right. Documented.

--
George Hester
_________________________________
"Rick Charnes" <rickxyz--nospam.zyxcharnes@thehartford.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1cbf20c8b32105d49898d5@msnews.microsoft.com...
> Right, I looked at several of these sites already; it's nowhere to be
> found. I guess it's a part of Visual C++ and is not available as a
> standalone utility. Nice utility to get the classname of an open app.
>
> In article <tmja5111jl40eemmj3kjpkkllh13vbuhq2@4ax.com>,
> jtsmith@pacifier.com says...
> > On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 10:58:18 -0400, Rick Charnes
> > <rickxyz--nospam.zyxcharnes@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > http://search.microsoft.com/search/search.aspx?st=b&Vie...
> > Go here (a good site to bookmark) and enter
> >
> > SPYXX.EXE
> >

> > John Thomas Smith
> > http://www.direct2usales.com
> > http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith