Is Excel causing me system problems?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

I have a problem when I open certain spreadsheets that are on a server. My
laptop slows to a crawl. I don't think it's an Excel problem, I think it may
be more of an Excel configuration problem. I can't find anything in Excel
that isn't right. It takes me 20 minutes just to open the file and another
user can open it in 2 minutes.

What might I look at in the system tools etc that could tell me specifically
where my problem is? As in, do I need more memory or something like that.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about excel causing system problems
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

    "Sandra" <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote in message
    > I have a problem when I open certain spreadsheets that are on a server. My
    > laptop slows to a crawl. I don't think it's an Excel problem, I think it
    may
    > be more of an Excel configuration problem. I can't find anything in Excel
    > that isn't right. It takes me 20 minutes just to open the file and another
    > user can open it in 2 minutes.
    >
    > What might I look at in the system tools etc that could tell me
    specifically
    > where my problem is? As in, do I need more memory or something like that.
    >
    > Thanks

    Strange. How big is the file? How much memory do you have. How much memory
    does your colleague have? Do you run any other programs? I found this KB
    article which may shed some light
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=815049

    /Fredrik

Excel Microsoft Windows