Security webcam software?

Can anyone recommend any decent web cam security software?

Features I'm looking for are, recording movement, sending a captured frame
or short video of movement to any email address and uploading of images to a
web site or local server, all in one package?

Thanks.
10 answers Last reply
More about security webcam software

    "FYS" <666@hotspot.com> wrote in message news:424bd5f6.0@entanet...
    > Can anyone recommend any decent web cam security software?
    >
    > Features I'm looking for are, recording movement, sending a captured frame
    > or short video of movement to any email address and uploading of images to
    > a web site or local server, all in one package?
    >
    > Thanks.

    P.S.Also the ability to view other webcam across my home network?

    Thanks again.

    "FYS" <666@hotspot.com> wrote in message news:424bd5f6.0@entanet...
    > Can anyone recommend any decent web cam security software?
    >
    > Features I'm looking for are, recording movement, sending a captured frame
    > or short video of movement to any email address and uploading of images to
    > a web site or local server, all in one package?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Looked at most of them, and I am still trying with Active Webcam and Willing
    Webcam 2.7 http://www.willingsoftware.com, neithers perfect but best so far
    for me .

    Active WebCam http://www.pysoft.com
    VisionGS http://www.visiongs.com
    WebcamXP http://www.webcamxp.com
    Supervisioncam http://www.supervisioncam.com
    Webcam32 http://www.webcam32.com
    Active WebCam http://www.pysoft.com
    Conquer Cam http://www.theill.com/conquercam
    Windows Media Encoder http://www.microsoft.com
    iVista http://www.inetcam.com
    ConquerCam http://www.theill.com/conquercam
    Webcamfirst http://www.webcamfirst.com
    SnapCap http://www.snapcap.com
    iSpy http://www.surveyor.com
    ChillCam http://www.chillcam.com
    Coffeecup Webcam http://www.coffeecup.com/webcam
    Gotcha! http://www.gotchanow.com
    Netsnap http://www.netsnap.com
    Truetech http://www.truetech.com
    Webcamnow http://webcamnow.com
    Paperjet http://webcam.paperjet.com
    Stripcam http://www.stripcam.org
    Home Watcher http://www.homewatcher.com
    Visec http://www.visec.net
    Teveo http://www.softlookup.com/download/down23229.html
    Kabcam http://www.kabsoftware.com
    WebVision
    http://dbs.mywebstand.com/VisionTech/product/files/WebVISION.pdf
    Conquer Cam http://www.theill.com/conquercam/
    webcam2000 http://www.webcam2000.info/

    Supercircuits http://www.supercircuits.com/
    Matco http://www.matco.com/
    Polarisusa http://www.polarisusa.com/
    http://kitsparts.com/dvr/detail_dvrcard.htm

    "FYS" <666@hotspot.com> wrote in message news:424bd5f6.0@entanet...
    > Can anyone recommend any decent web cam security software?
    >
    > Features I'm looking for are, recording movement, sending a captured frame
    > or short video of movement to any email address and uploading of images to a
    > web site or local server, all in one package?

    You might take a look at the free HomeSentinel
    at http://bobday.vze.com

    -- Bob Day

    "dylan" <no@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > "FYS" <666@hotspot.com> wrote in message news:424bd5f6.0@entanet...
    >> Can anyone recommend any decent web cam security software?
    >>
    >> Features I'm looking for are, recording movement, sending a captured
    >> frame or short video of movement to any email address and uploading of
    >> images to a web site or local server, all in one package?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > Looked at most of them, and I am still trying with Active Webcam and
    > Willing Webcam 2.7 http://www.willingsoftware.com, neithers perfect but
    > best so far for me .
    >

    > Active WebCam http://www.pysoft.com
    > VisionGS http://www.visiongs.com
    > WebcamXP http://www.webcamxp.com
    > Supervisioncam http://www.supervisioncam.com
    > Webcam32 http://www.webcam32.com
    > Active WebCam http://www.pysoft.com
    > Conquer Cam http://www.theill.com/conquercam
    > Windows Media Encoder http://www.microsoft.com
    > iVista http://www.inetcam.com
    > ConquerCam http://www.theill.com/conquercam
    > Webcamfirst http://www.webcamfirst.com
    > SnapCap http://www.snapcap.com
    > iSpy http://www.surveyor.com
    > ChillCam http://www.chillcam.com
    > Coffeecup Webcam http://www.coffeecup.com/webcam
    > Gotcha! http://www.gotchanow.com
    > Netsnap http://www.netsnap.com
    > Truetech http://www.truetech.com
    > Webcamnow http://webcamnow.com
    > Paperjet http://webcam.paperjet.com
    > Stripcam http://www.stripcam.org
    > Home Watcher http://www.homewatcher.com
    > Visec http://www.visec.net
    > Teveo http://www.softlookup.com/download/down23229.html
    > Kabcam http://www.kabsoftware.com
    > WebVision
    > http://dbs.mywebstand.com/VisionTech/product/files/WebVISION.pdf
    > Conquer Cam http://www.theill.com/conquercam/
    > webcam2000 http://www.webcam2000.info/
    >

    > Supercircuits http://www.supercircuits.com/
    > Matco http://www.matco.com/
    > Polarisusa http://www.polarisusa.com/
    > http://kitsparts.com/dvr/detail_dvrcard.htm

    Thanks, I'll work my way through the list.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    "Bob Day" <bobday.nh@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > "FYS" <666@hotspot.com> wrote in message news:424bd5f6.0@entanet...
    >> Can anyone recommend any decent web cam security software?
    >>
    >> Features I'm looking for are, recording movement, sending a captured
    >> frame or short video of movement to any email address and uploading of
    >> images to a web site or local server, all in one package?
    >
    > You might take a look at the free HomeSentinel
    > at http://bobday.vze.com
    >
    > -- Bob Day

    What does error 55 mean when I try to run it ?

    Thanks
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    "dylan" <no@nospam.com> wrote in message news:d2h4ld$cnm$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...

    > "Bob Day" <bobday.nh@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> "FYS" <666@hotspot.com> wrote in message news:424bd5f6.0@entanet...
    >>> Can anyone recommend any decent web cam security software?
    >>>
    >>> Features I'm looking for are, recording movement, sending a captured
    >>> frame or short video of movement to any email address and uploading of
    >>> images to a web site or local server, all in one package?
    >>
    >> You might take a look at the free HomeSentinel
    >> at http://bobday.vze.com
    >>
    >> -- Bob Day
    >>

    > What does error 55 mean when I try to run it ?

    Can you provide the context in which the error occurred? (i.e.,
    where did the error happen -- during the installation? or at what
    point when you were trying to run it?). Also, what was the entire
    error message?

    -- Bob Day
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    >> What does error 55 mean when I try to run it ?
    >
    > Can you provide the context in which the error occurred? (i.e.,
    > where did the error happen -- during the installation? or at what
    > point when you were trying to run it?). Also, what was the entire error
    > message?
    >
    > -- Bob Day

    When I click Start broadcasting.
    It says Error 55 starting video display. hr=0x80004002. exiting. OK

    Thanks
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    "dylan" <no@nospam.com> wrote in message news:d2hc4g$n5j$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...

    >>> What does error 55 mean when I try to run it ?
    >>
    >> Can you provide the context in which the error occurred? (i.e.,
    >> where did the error happen -- during the installation? or at what
    >> point when you were trying to run it?). Also, what was the entire error
    >> message?
    >>
    >> -- Bob Day
    >>

    > When I click Start broadcasting.
    > It says Error 55 starting video display. hr=0x80004002. exiting. OK

    Thanks. Error 55 in combination with that hr code means that
    HomeSentinel cannot find the Windows Media Encoder component
    that allows the video display width and height to be set. Do you have
    Windows Media Encoder 9 installed? Is your OS Windows XP?

    -- Bob Day
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    > Thanks. Error 55 in combination with that hr code means that
    > HomeSentinel cannot find the Windows Media Encoder component
    > that allows the video display width and height to be set. Do you have
    > Windows Media Encoder 9 installed? Is your OS Windows XP?
    >
    > -- Bob Day

    Thanks
  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    You can download WatcherForYou at http://www.comctech.com
    it has all features you want, and plus making an alarm call to a
    specified phone number.

    Regards,
    Kalin

Webcams Security Software Security Software Peripherals