Security webcam software?

Can anyone recommend any decent web cam security software?

Features I'm looking for are, recording movement, sending a captured frame
or short video of movement to any email address and uploading of images to a
web site or local server, all in one package?

Thanks.

"FYS" <666@hotspot.com> wrote in message news:424bd5f6.0@entanet...
> Can anyone recommend any decent web cam security software?
>
> Features I'm looking for are, recording movement, sending a captured frame
> or short video of movement to any email address and uploading of images to
> a web site or local server, all in one package?
>
> Thanks.

P.S.Also the ability to view other webcam across my home network?

Thanks again.

dylan

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2001

"FYS" <666@hotspot.com> wrote in message news:424bd5f6.0@entanet...
> Can anyone recommend any decent web cam security software?
>
> Features I'm looking for are, recording movement, sending a captured frame
> or short video of movement to any email address and uploading of images to
> a web site or local server, all in one package?
>
> Thanks.

Looked at most of them, and I am still trying with Active Webcam and Willing
Webcam 2.7 http://www.willingsoftware.com, neithers perfect but best so far
for me .

Active WebCam http://www.pysoft.com
VisionGS http://www.visiongs.com
WebcamXP http://www.webcamxp.com
Supervisioncam http://www.supervisioncam.com
Webcam32 http://www.webcam32.com
Active WebCam http://www.pysoft.com
Conquer Cam http://www.theill.com/conquercam
Windows Media Encoder http://www.microsoft.com
iVista http://www.inetcam.com
ConquerCam http://www.theill.com/conquercam
Webcamfirst http://www.webcamfirst.com
SnapCap http://www.snapcap.com
iSpy http://www.surveyor.com
ChillCam http://www.chillcam.com
Coffeecup Webcam http://www.coffeecup.com/webcam
Gotcha! http://www.gotchanow.com
Netsnap http://www.netsnap.com
Truetech http://www.truetech.com
Webcamnow http://webcamnow.com
Paperjet http://webcam.paperjet.com
Stripcam http://www.stripcam.org
Home Watcher http://www.homewatcher.com
Visec http://www.visec.net
Teveo http://www.softlookup.com/download/down23229.html
Kabcam http://www.kabsoftware.com
WebVision
http://dbs.mywebstand.com/VisionTech/product/files/WebVISION.pdf
Conquer Cam http://www.theill.com/conquercam/
webcam2000 http://www.webcam2000.info/

Supercircuits http://www.supercircuits.com/
Matco http://www.matco.com/
Polarisusa http://www.polarisusa.com/
http://kitsparts.com/dvr/detail_dvrcard.htm

"FYS" <666@hotspot.com> wrote in message news:424bd5f6.0@entanet...
> Can anyone recommend any decent web cam security software?
>
> Features I'm looking for are, recording movement, sending a captured frame
> or short video of movement to any email address and uploading of images to a
> web site or local server, all in one package?

You might take a look at the free HomeSentinel
at http://bobday.vze.com

-- Bob Day

"dylan" <no@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "FYS" <666@hotspot.com> wrote in message news:424bd5f6.0@entanet...
>> Can anyone recommend any decent web cam security software?
>>
>> Features I'm looking for are, recording movement, sending a captured
>> frame or short video of movement to any email address and uploading of
>> images to a web site or local server, all in one package?
>>
>> Thanks.

> Looked at most of them, and I am still trying with Active Webcam and
> Willing Webcam 2.7 http://www.willingsoftware.com, neithers perfect but
> best so far for me .
>

> Active WebCam http://www.pysoft.com
> VisionGS http://www.visiongs.com
> WebcamXP http://www.webcamxp.com
> Supervisioncam http://www.supervisioncam.com
> Webcam32 http://www.webcam32.com
> Active WebCam http://www.pysoft.com
> Conquer Cam http://www.theill.com/conquercam
> Windows Media Encoder http://www.microsoft.com
> iVista http://www.inetcam.com
> ConquerCam http://www.theill.com/conquercam
> Webcamfirst http://www.webcamfirst.com
> SnapCap http://www.snapcap.com
> iSpy http://www.surveyor.com
> ChillCam http://www.chillcam.com
> Coffeecup Webcam http://www.coffeecup.com/webcam
> Gotcha! http://www.gotchanow.com
> Netsnap http://www.netsnap.com
> Truetech http://www.truetech.com
> Webcamnow http://webcamnow.com
> Paperjet http://webcam.paperjet.com
> Stripcam http://www.stripcam.org
> Home Watcher http://www.homewatcher.com
> Visec http://www.visec.net
> Teveo http://www.softlookup.com/download/down23229.html
> Kabcam http://www.kabsoftware.com
> WebVision
> http://dbs.mywebstand.com/VisionTech/product/files/WebVISION.pdf
> Conquer Cam http://www.theill.com/conquercam/
> webcam2000 http://www.webcam2000.info/
>

> Supercircuits http://www.supercircuits.com/
> Matco http://www.matco.com/
> Polarisusa http://www.polarisusa.com/
> http://kitsparts.com/dvr/detail_dvrcard.htm

Thanks, I'll work my way through the list.

dylan

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2001

"Bob Day" <bobday.nh@verizon.net> wrote in message
> "FYS" <666@hotspot.com> wrote in message news:424bd5f6.0@entanet...
>> Can anyone recommend any decent web cam security software?
>>
>> Features I'm looking for are, recording movement, sending a captured
>> frame or short video of movement to any email address and uploading of
>> images to a web site or local server, all in one package?
>
> You might take a look at the free HomeSentinel
> at http://bobday.vze.com
>
> -- Bob Day

What does error 55 mean when I try to run it ?

Thanks

"dylan" <no@nospam.com> wrote in message news:d2h4ld$cnm$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...

> "Bob Day" <bobday.nh@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> "FYS" <666@hotspot.com> wrote in message news:424bd5f6.0@entanet...
>>> Can anyone recommend any decent web cam security software?
>>>
>>> Features I'm looking for are, recording movement, sending a captured
>>> frame or short video of movement to any email address and uploading of
>>> images to a web site or local server, all in one package?
>>
>> You might take a look at the free HomeSentinel
>> at http://bobday.vze.com
>>
>> -- Bob Day
>>

> What does error 55 mean when I try to run it ?

Can you provide the context in which the error occurred? (i.e.,
where did the error happen -- during the installation? or at what
point when you were trying to run it?). Also, what was the entire
error message?

-- Bob Day

dylan

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2001

>> What does error 55 mean when I try to run it ?
>
> Can you provide the context in which the error occurred? (i.e.,
> where did the error happen -- during the installation? or at what
> point when you were trying to run it?). Also, what was the entire error
> message?
>
> -- Bob Day

When I click Start broadcasting.
It says Error 55 starting video display. hr=0x80004002. exiting. OK

Thanks

"dylan" <no@nospam.com> wrote in message news:d2hc4g$n5j$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...

>>> What does error 55 mean when I try to run it ?
>>
>> Can you provide the context in which the error occurred? (i.e.,
>> where did the error happen -- during the installation? or at what
>> point when you were trying to run it?). Also, what was the entire error
>> message?
>>
>> -- Bob Day
>>

> When I click Start broadcasting.
> It says Error 55 starting video display. hr=0x80004002. exiting. OK

Thanks. Error 55 in combination with that hr code means that
HomeSentinel cannot find the Windows Media Encoder component
that allows the video display width and height to be set. Do you have
Windows Media Encoder 9 installed? Is your OS Windows XP?

-- Bob Day

dylan

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2001

> Thanks. Error 55 in combination with that hr code means that
> HomeSentinel cannot find the Windows Media Encoder component
> that allows the video display width and height to be set. Do you have
> Windows Media Encoder 9 installed? Is your OS Windows XP?
>
> -- Bob Day

Thanks