mathew952

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2006
I know that the 8 series is only 2 months old, but based on the gap between the GTS and the GTX, I think Wii ( haha, pun) can come up with some rough specs for the inevitable 8600GT.

256 Bit connection( should be 252, but this would save money and be more compatable with the ram)
512MB of GDDR3
1400 Effective clock
425 Mhz core clock
2560*1600 resolution max
64 stream proccessors
350 Watt minimum PSU
Price point at around 250 to start, falling to 210 in 3 months or so
And as far a time table for release, they will probably time it to go head on with The R600, or for the huge wave of new vista builds, so in late Q1
What do you guys think?
EDIT: in response to mesa rectifier: Ooooooh. your going to stop whatiching this topic? I'm so scared! And if any one else is going complain about the biggest part of tech sites, speculatind, don't force your opinion down my throat or you'll be removed.

XZezin

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
You are probably right about the stream processors, but I would expect a 192bit memory bus, if the trend carries on... and 384MB, of gddr3 probably at 1400ddr as you sad. Anyway its gonna be a hell of a good buy!! I asume it will be enough to kill 7900gtx. Since it will be much cooler than g80, its not impossible to get say 600MHz on teh core.

mkaibear

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
>(haha, pun)

If you have to point it out, it ceases to be funny ;):p

>Specs for 8600GT

I reckon it'll be 512Mb RAM on either a fast (say 1600MHz) 128-bit interface, or a slower (1200MHz) 256-bit interface. Hopefully the latter!

400MHz core clock.

48 or 64 stream processors.

And I reckon it'll start at about £150UK - so about $200US.

hella-d

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
YOU!!!!..... Stop Being A D*ckhead, It Fun To Imagine And Speculate, Weve All Done It, You Just Didnt Bother To Write It Down.... Must You Be A Jealous ATI Fan?

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
YOU!!!!..... Stop Being A D*ckhead, It Fun To Imagine And Speculate, Weve All Done It, You Just Didnt Bother To Write It Down.... Must You Be A Jealous ATI Fan?

You're right. I have R600 FTW actually tattooed on my forhead. I just think this is pretty pointless speculation and based on not-very-much at all (I was actually about to stop watching the topic...)

Oh And Please Learn To Type Properly This Is A Properly Retarded Way To Type.

I agree with gOdMan. I would expect the initial price point to be closer to $300. Considering the speed, flexibility, and DirectX10 compatibility (Vista comes), I suspect that nVidia is selling all the 8800's they can make. And considering the larger die size (fewer chips per wafer), why should they dedicate production resources to a lower margin product until they have to.

I think that the price structure of the 8000 series chip family will be highly dependent on the next generation of ATI chips.

Mach5Motorsport

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2003

You're right. I have R600 FTW actually tattooed on my forhead. I just think this is pretty pointless speculation and based on not-very-much at all (I was actually about to stop watching the topic...)

I AGREE, YOU NEED TO LEARN TYPING BASICS SOON OR PEOPLE MIGHT NOT TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY. :wink: (wow, using caps is soooocoool)

godman

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006

I AGREE, YOU NEED TO LEARN TYPING BASICS SOON OR PEOPLE MIGHT NOT TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY. :wink: (wow, using caps is soooocoool)

HaHa HeHe!!! :eek: :? :) :D :lol:

still_life

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2006
What a load of pointless flaming. I thought it was a reasonable thread. There is no need for bored self-opinionated losers to post here. Kindly sod off.

And yeah, £200 plus seems a bit more like it.

godman

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
we were only having a bit of fun....

:p

And as far a time table for release, they will probably time it to go head on with The R600, or for the huge wave of new vista builds, so in late Q1

Q1 of what? 2007 ?! or 2008? I think that mid-late 2007 would see a 8600gt if there were one, by no means Q1 of '07 though. Have a think about the 7 seres of GPU, the 7600gt was only released the middle or so of this year (I might be wrong, bad memory you see... :x )

PixelPimP

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2006
Your "STYLE" of Typing Rocks! Be Yourself And Ignore The Anal
Conformists. Long Live Individualality! 8) 8600gt? Sounds Yummy!
:p :p :p

hella-d

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
I Type How I Type, If You Dont Like It Take Your POS Macbook And Go Play Some WOW You Fairy

((Just To Let You All Know WOW Is An OK Game.))

DeadFire

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
Yo, Hella_D whats going on?! Just thought that I would drop in and say a few words. Now a 8600 would be a nice cheap alternative so you can having a DX10 card. It would have very good graphics to boot!

chocobocorey

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
I Type How I Type, If You Dont Like It Take Your POS Macbook And Go Play Some WOW You Fairy

((Just To Let You All Know WOW Is An OK Game.))

I'd don't know what I'd like to be less, your shift key or your brain.

i guess with the internet age now, this idiotic typing is the equivalent of a lisp.

mathew952

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2006
LOL, You Know What, I Predicted The Exact Same Specs Only I Suumed It Would Be Called The 8700 Series

Oh really? I Haven't been around these forums too much, so excuse me if they're the same.
Oh anb blacken, I do know what I'm talking about. Just because I have a life besides posting and haven't been able to read the thousands of threads posted, and I've only joined this past 2 months, doesn't mean I am technologically inept. Besisdes, If your speculating, there is really no metric to grade it upon, as long as you have some reasons.
BTW, you can no longer post here.be nice, or at least constructive.

Blacken

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004
LOL, You Know What, I Predicted The Exact Same Specs Only I Suumed It Would Be Called The 8700 Series

Oh really? I Haven't been around these forums too much, so excuse me if they're the same. :oops:

Does it really sound like he knows what he's talking about?

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
i guess with the internet age now, this idiotic typing is the equivalent of a lisp.

No, you're born with a lisp and you can't help it. Using a keyboard wrong is a choice you make. It's bad netiquette to Capitalise The Beginning Of Every Word Because Of The Emphasis It Then Puts On The Beginning Of Everything You Say Which Gets Kinda Annoying, Geddit?

I propose a system called S.U.C.K.S. - Stop Using Crappy Keyboard Skills.

Just lock yourself in a room with Mavis Beacon for a few weeks and you'll come back much better.

Blacken

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004
Mat, MO-ron. I'm talking about Hella-D. Talking Like This You Know What I Mean? Take some time to figure out what a post means before you think your being critisized. I didn't critisize you, I speculated with you butthead.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
I know that the 8 series is only 2 months old, but based on the gap between the GTS and the GTX, I think Wii ( haha, pun) can come up with some rough specs for the inevitable 8600GT.

256 Bit connection( should be 252, but this would save money and be more compatable with the ram)
512MB of GDDR3
1400 Effective clock
425 Mhz core clock
2560*1600 resolution max
64 stream proccessors
350 Watt minimum PSU
What do you guys think?
EDIT: in response to mesa rectifier: Ooooooh. your going to stop whatiching this topic? I'm so scared! And if any one else is going complain about the biggest part of tech sites, speculatind, don't force your opinion down my throat or you'll be removed.
Of course, this is nothing more than speculation from someone who has no real information on Nvidia's mid range Geforce 8 series card.