Benchmarks on a 6150 LE Integrated GPU? Worth upgrading?

I've searched this site looking for benchmarks for the integrated GPU that comes with nVidia nForce mobos and havnt found one. Recently I bought a comp with only the integrated GPU knowing that I could get a better deal elsewhere. Sure enough, I found them. I decided in the end to get a 7300 LE from CompUSA because it was on sale for $30 and I decided I only wanted something to hold me over until more mainstream DX10 cards came out. I wrapped it up for Christmas, unopened, because the return limit is until Jan 7th and I figured I might find even better deals after Christmas. Since then I've played a few games on my integrated GeForce 6150 LE and have been pleasently surprised. It performs better than the GeForce 6200 I have in my old PC. It's not the best, but I'm not sure how much improvement I'll get with a 7300 LE. Now I'm thinking that, unless I can find something 7600 or above after Christmas for a similar price, the 6150 could hold me over. I wish I could find benchmarks on this integrated GPU to compare with the 7300 LE, but so far no go. Any advice would be appreciated.
6 answers Last reply
More about benchmarks 6150 integrated worth upgrading
  1. Why worry about benchmarks? You answered your own question. You were surprised by the onboard, so just use it for the next 2 months. Why buy a entry level card that will be replaced in 1-2 months.
  2. 'upgrading' to a 7300 LE is a useless sidestep. Don't bother with anything less than - at the very least - a 6600 or X700. I personally wouldn't bother with less than a 7600 GS or X1650 PRO.
  3. i also have the 6150le and it might be good at older games but new ones like bf2 or fear (not that new i guess) have to be run at lowest settings and resolution. Im gonna go for 7900gs or a 7950gt for $50 more
  4. For $150 I've recently seen X1900 GTs on newegg that will put some hurt on a 7900 GS, and perform closely to the 7950 GT.

best card under $200 you can get, IMHO.
  5. Come on 7950gt against the 1900gt i wouldn't say its that close.
  6. Quote:
    For $150 I've recently seen X1900 GTs on newegg that will put some hurt on a 7900 GS, and perform closely to the 7950 GT.

best card under $200 you can get, IMHO.

be careful NOT to get the new lower-clocked x1900gt ...
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Nvidia Graphics