Has replication occurred??

I currently have one windows 2000 DC on a domain. There used to be two, but
apparantly the second one was removed without being demoted. So, I found
instructions on how to remove the orphan from Microsoft, but I'm concerned
with the following statement: "CAUTION: THe administrator must verify that
replication has occurred since the demotion of the last domain controller
before manually removing the domian. Using the NTDSUTIL tool improperly can
result in partial or complete loss of AD functionality"

A) How do I verify that replication has occurred??
B) If the other DC is gone, how will it EVER successfully replicate?

Please help me ....

Thank you

Diane-

You don't need to woeey about this. The warning only means that if you
don't replicate before you do this, then any changes that were made to the
other DC won't be saved (ie a new account was created on the other DC, then
you perform these steps before it has a chance to replicate - in that case
the new account would be lost). Since this other DC has been gone for a
while it's a non issue.

Hope this helps,

Nick Staff