"Entry Point Not Found"

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 9, 2005 11:09:03 AM

Getting entry point DdEntry1 not found in GDI32.dll after performing an
"In-place upgrade" on new motherboard.

Have Windows2000 Pro with SP4. Tried copying GDI32.dll over from secondary
drive. Also, ran Systemworks2005 system repair. No help.

Thanks.

More about : entry point found

April 9, 2005 1:29:14 PM

On 4/9/2005 7:09 AM PT, GP151001 wrote:

> Getting entry point DdEntry1 not found in GDI32.dll after performing an
> "In-place upgrade" on new motherboard.
>
> Have Windows2000 Pro with SP4. Tried copying GDI32.dll over from secondary
> drive. Also, ran Systemworks2005 system repair. No help.

Did you do a system repair on Windows? You can't just swap motherboard
and boot up Windows (2000 and XP).
--
"Everyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant." --Motto of FTL
Foundation (in Isaac Asimov book)
| |o o| | E-mail (nuke ANT if replying privately to a newsgroup
\ _ / post): philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
( )
April 9, 2005 8:07:22 PM

Have you tried re-registering the file using regsvr32? Example:

Click the START button, click RUN & type: 'regsvr32 gdi32.dll' (without
quotes, but with one space between '2' & 'g' (regsvr32[One Space
Here]gdi32.dll))

Because that DLL comes with the .NET Framework, you could try re-installing
that, which should cure the problem you have.

About Systemworks:
---------------------

There is a System Works Analyst who asked for help yesterday. Maybe you
should tell him about your findinds with his product. Here's his details:

Phillip Pi
Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Norton SystemWorks (PC)
Symantec Corporation
www.symantec.com

Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e-mail)

------------------

I hope this helps

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE
April 15, 2005 1:58:06 PM

I re-ran the Win2000 "REPAIR", Fast, and then ran dxdiag. I still get the
error, "Entry Point Not Found...DdEntry1 could not be located in
....GDI32.dll."

Any ideas on what to do next? Thanks.

"GP151001" wrote:

> I just did the regsvr32 command and got another error:
> "RegSvr32":
> gdi32.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.
> DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of gdi32.dll may
> be in memory. Consider using PView to detect and remove it."
> I have never used the PView command, but will give it a try.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Crouchie1998" wrote:
>
> > Have you tried re-registering the file using regsvr32? Example:
> >
> > Click the START button, click RUN & type: 'regsvr32 gdi32.dll' (without
> > quotes, but with one space between '2' & 'g' (regsvr32[One Space
> > Here]gdi32.dll))
> >
> > Because that DLL comes with the .NET Framework, you could try re-installing
> > that, which should cure the problem you have.
> >
> > About Systemworks:
> > ---------------------
> >
> > There is a System Works Analyst who asked for help yesterday. Maybe you
> > should tell him about your findinds with his product. Here's his details:
> >
> > Phillip Pi
> > Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
> > Norton SystemWorks (PC)
> > Symantec Corporation
> > www.symantec.com
> >
> > Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e-mail)

> > I hope this helps
> >
> > Crouchie1998
> > BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

Anonymous
April 15, 2005 2:27:06 PM

Unfortunately, I still get the "Entry Point Not Found" error. I even reran
the W2K "repair" "fast" just in case something got missed. No help. Any
ideas??

!