"Entry Point Not Found"

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

Getting entry point DdEntry1 not found in GDI32.dll after performing an
"In-place upgrade" on new motherboard.

Have Windows2000 Pro with SP4. Tried copying GDI32.dll over from secondary
drive. Also, ran Systemworks2005 system repair. No help.

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about entry point found
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

    On 4/9/2005 7:09 AM PT, GP151001 wrote:

    > Getting entry point DdEntry1 not found in GDI32.dll after performing an
    > "In-place upgrade" on new motherboard.
    >
    > Have Windows2000 Pro with SP4. Tried copying GDI32.dll over from secondary
    > drive. Also, ran Systemworks2005 system repair. No help.

    Did you do a system repair on Windows? You can't just swap motherboard
    and boot up Windows (2000 and XP).
    --
    "Everyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant." --Motto of FTL
    Foundation (in Isaac Asimov book)
    /\___/\
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx & http://aqfl.net (down)
    | |o o| | E-mail (nuke ANT if replying privately to a newsgroup
    \ _ / post): philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
    ( )
    Ant is currently not listening to any songs on his home computer.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

    Have you tried re-registering the file using regsvr32? Example:

    Click the START button, click RUN & type: 'regsvr32 gdi32.dll' (without
    quotes, but with one space between '2' & 'g' (regsvr32[One Space
    Here]gdi32.dll))

    Because that DLL comes with the .NET Framework, you could try re-installing
    that, which should cure the problem you have.

    About Systemworks:
    ---------------------

    There is a System Works Analyst who asked for help yesterday. Maybe you
    should tell him about your findinds with his product. Here's his details:

    Phillip Pi
    Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
    Norton SystemWorks (PC)
    Symantec Corporation
    www.symantec.com

    Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e-mail)

    ------------------

    I hope this helps

    Crouchie1998
    BA (HONS) MCP MCSE
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

    I re-ran the Win2000 "REPAIR", Fast, and then ran dxdiag. I still get the
    error, "Entry Point Not Found...DdEntry1 could not be located in
    ....GDI32.dll."

    Any ideas on what to do next? Thanks.


    "GP151001" wrote:

    > I just did the regsvr32 command and got another error:
    > ====================================================
    > "RegSvr32":
    > gdi32.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.
    > DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of gdi32.dll may
    > be in memory. Consider using PView to detect and remove it."
    > ====================================================
    > I have never used the PView command, but will give it a try.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > "Crouchie1998" wrote:
    >
    > > Have you tried re-registering the file using regsvr32? Example:
    > >
    > > Click the START button, click RUN & type: 'regsvr32 gdi32.dll' (without
    > > quotes, but with one space between '2' & 'g' (regsvr32[One Space
    > > Here]gdi32.dll))
    > >
    > > Because that DLL comes with the .NET Framework, you could try re-installing
    > > that, which should cure the problem you have.
    > >
    > > About Systemworks:
    > > ---------------------
    > >
    > > There is a System Works Analyst who asked for help yesterday. Maybe you
    > > should tell him about your findinds with his product. Here's his details:
    > >
    > > Phillip Pi
    > > Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
    > > Norton SystemWorks (PC)
    > > Symantec Corporation
    > > www.symantec.com
    > >
    > > Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e-mail)
    > >
    > > ------------------
    > >
    > > I hope this helps
    > >
    > > Crouchie1998
    > > BA (HONS) MCP MCSE
    > >
    > >
    > >
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

    Unfortunately, I still get the "Entry Point Not Found" error. I even reran
    the W2K "repair" "fast" just in case something got missed. No help. Any
    ideas??


    "GP151001" wrote:

    > Yes, I followed the Knowledge Article on performing an in-place upgrade. The
    > key ingredient is to do a "repair." Everything went smoothly, too.
    >
    > "Ant" wrote:
    >
    > > On 4/9/2005 7:09 AM PT, GP151001 wrote:
    > >
    > > > Getting entry point DdEntry1 not found in GDI32.dll after performing an
    > > > "In-place upgrade" on new motherboard.
    > > >
    > > > Have Windows2000 Pro with SP4. Tried copying GDI32.dll over from secondary
    > > > drive. Also, ran Systemworks2005 system repair. No help.
    > >
    > > Did you do a system repair on Windows? You can't just swap motherboard
    > > and boot up Windows (2000 and XP).
    > > --
    > > "Everyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant." --Motto of FTL
    > > Foundation (in Isaac Asimov book)
    > > /\___/\
    > > / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx & http://aqfl.net (down)
    > > | |o o| | E-mail (nuke ANT if replying privately to a newsgroup
    > > \ _ / post): philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
    > > ( )
    > > Ant is currently not listening to any songs on his home computer.
    > >
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 2000 Microsoft DLL Windows