Log on with phantom user

When I reboot, the log on fails because it comes up with a user than is not
in the list found in Users at Control Panel. The reboot is fine after I
replace the phantom user with Administrator.

I assume that what needs to be deleted is in the registry, and, while I have
qualms goint there, what do I do? Thanks in advance for your time and
assistance.

Bob-

Go to the following key in the registry and replace the DefaultUserName
value with the account name you want to use:

NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\DefaultUserName

Hope this helps,

Nick

"SoloBob" <SoloBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I reboot, the log on fails because it comes up with a user than is
not
> in the list found in Users at Control Panel. The reboot is fine after I
> replace the phantom user with Administrator.
>
> I assume that what needs to be deleted is in the registry, and, while I
have
> qualms goint there, what do I do? Thanks in advance for your time and
> assistance.

Have a look at the item "Default User", posted in
microsoft.public.win2000.setup yesterday.