Log on with phantom user

When I reboot, the log on fails because it comes up with a user than is not
in the list found in Users at Control Panel. The reboot is fine after I
replace the phantom user with Administrator.

I assume that what needs to be deleted is in the registry, and, while I have
qualms goint there, what do I do? Thanks in advance for your time and
assistance.
2 answers Last reply
More about phantom user

    Bob-

    Go to the following key in the registry and replace the DefaultUserName
    value with the account name you want to use:

    NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\DefaultUserName

    Hope this helps,

    Nick

    "SoloBob" <SoloBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I reboot, the log on fails because it comes up with a user than is
    not
    > in the list found in Users at Control Panel. The reboot is fine after I
    > replace the phantom user with Administrator.
    >
    > I assume that what needs to be deleted is in the registry, and, while I
    have
    > qualms goint there, what do I do? Thanks in advance for your time and
    > assistance.

    Have a look at the item "Default User", posted in
    microsoft.public.win2000.setup yesterday.

Control Panel Microsoft Windows