OMFG please help solve this!

9xcalibur9

Distinguished
May 22, 2006
This is some freaky shit,
ever since I replaced my CRT with an LCD screen half my games dont work. Zero Hour which I have played for 3 years now claims I have a DirectX problem or an issue with the graphics card. But how is that possible if I can still play NFS Carbon which is far newer? Also GTA, Serious Sam 2 and many more games dont seem to load at all with errors. I tried even using system restore but no good. Is there an explaination for this?

Weirdo0815

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
What video card you running? I'm going to assume you've updated to the latest driver version... And since you're running a little more intensive games like NFS: Carbon, its a fairly new card?

9xcalibur9

Distinguished
May 22, 2006
What video card you running? I'm going to assume you've updated to the latest driver version... And since you're running a little more intensive games like NFS: Carbon, its a fairly new card?

Yes i've reupdated my drivers and directx.
I actually use a quite old gc card - geforce 6600 gt.

This is just too strange.

Weirdo0815

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
Hmm..... Have you tried un-installing the video drivers and re-installing? Not just a re-install, I mean fully un-installing, reboot, then download and re-install...
How about the games? The only other suggestion I got is download, straight from Microsoft, the latest build of Directx 9.0c...

Definitly something I've never heard of happening... :?

Thrstbster6

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
Have you tried MS update to get information on your LCD. There may be an update for your monitor out there also did your LCD come with a disk if so use it.

chogo

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2006
To properly install new video drivers, you should follow this process:

1) Uninstall NVidia drivers from the Control Panel

2) Reboot

3) Download & Run Driver Cleaner Pro v1.5 to clean up remaining driver traces

4) Download and install newer version of the video driver

9xcalibur9

Distinguished
May 22, 2006
Well, I never ever had any graphic or directx problems before.
I have a DVI-D cable that came with the monitor. Everything looks neat and clean but 90% of my games just wont start unless I switch to analog.
I used the drivers from the disc, gonna give MS a shot.

Just noticed: System in the Control Panel shows 2 "Deafault Monitor" and 2 more "Plug and play Monitor" for some reason.

irocem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
I had something similar happen to me when I got a new dell lcd..I plug in the dvi cable and turn on the computer and the screen would have weird patterns all over it.. It was really weird..When I put the analog connection back on it would be fine..It was some sort of fluke..I tried a different dvi cable too..same thing..Check out the the manufactures website for drivers..don't use the ones on the disk..maybe you didn't use any drivers..Also,try leaving your computer off for a few mins..then put the dvi cable on and boot up..It actually worked for me..No problems since..very weird indeed !

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
For shits and giggles I would reboot into safe mode, goto Device manager and remove all the monitors from the system. Reboot into normal mode and install the proper driver for your monitor. Give that a shot.