efs on the network

Bobo

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2004

Hi all,

I tried to encrypt a file on computer A and then to share it. I installed on
computer B the certificate used for encryption. I can't still open teh
file....
It is a normal behaviour or i missed something?

Many thanks

The following explains the procedures and limitations for copying encrypted
files on the same volume and from one volume to another.

To copy a file to a different computer where both use the NTFS partitions

If the remote computer allows you to encrypt files, the copy is encrypted;
otherwise it is in clear text. Note that the remote computer must be trusted
for delegation; in a domain environment, remote encryption is not enabled by
default.

To copy a file to a different computer from an NTFS partition to a FAT or
NTFS in a Windows NT® 4.0 location.

The destination file system does not support encryption, the copy is in
clear text.

Regards

Ramki