Video problem

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer,alt.games.command-n-conq,alt.games.ea.westwood.command-n-conq (More info?)

I recently installed a BFD Geforce 6800 GT, When I was playing C&C Generals
on the previous card the game resolution was set at 800 x 600. Well for
some reason the resolution doesn't want to show up on this card.

Is there a way to change the resolution outside the game?? So that when it
loads it will be in an acceptable resolution. ]

Alternatively, does anyone know a way to alter that resolution to show up on
my monitor??

TIA,

Brenden
2 answers Last reply
More about video problem
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer,alt.games.command-n-conq,alt.games.ea.westwood.command-n-conq (More info?)

    On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 13:45:34 -0400, "Brenden D. Chase"
    <brendenREMOVE77@cox.net> wrote:

    >I recently installed a BFD Geforce 6800 GT, When I was playing C&C Generals
    >on the previous card the game resolution was set at 800 x 600. Well for
    >some reason the resolution doesn't want to show up on this card.
    >
    >Is there a way to change the resolution outside the game?? So that when it
    >loads it will be in an acceptable resolution. ]

    Open up "My Documents", and open the "Command and Conquer Generals Data"
    folder. The file you want to modift is "Options.ini".

    >Alternatively, does anyone know a way to alter that resolution to show up on
    >my monitor??

    Actually, I suspect that the refresh rate is the problem - some how, the
    monitor doesn't seem to like the refresh rate provided by the video card
    and therefore needs to be overidden or filtered. You might want to
    consider reinstalling the monitor drivers (or replace them with a profile
    that can match your monitor), or find a way to override the refresh rate.

    "DXDiag" provides support to override this under the "More Help" tab.
    Generally, this isn't recommended unless you have to do so, as an incorrect
    value will cause the screen to blank out. (It can also fry older moniters
    as well.)
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer,alt.games.command-n-conq,alt.games.ea.westwood.command-n-conq (More info?)

    "Raymond Martineau" <bk039@freenet.carleton.ca> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 13:45:34 -0400, "Brenden D. Chase"
    > <brendenREMOVE77@cox.net> wrote:
    >
    >>I recently installed a BFD Geforce 6800 GT, When I was playing C&C
    >>Generals
    >>on the previous card the game resolution was set at 800 x 600. Well for
    >>some reason the resolution doesn't want to show up on this card.
    >>
    >>Is there a way to change the resolution outside the game?? So that when
    >>it
    >>loads it will be in an acceptable resolution. ]
    >
    > Open up "My Documents", and open the "Command and Conquer Generals Data"
    > folder. The file you want to modift is "Options.ini".
    >
    >>Alternatively, does anyone know a way to alter that resolution to show up
    >>on
    >>my monitor??
    >
    > Actually, I suspect that the refresh rate is the problem - some how, the
    > monitor doesn't seem to like the refresh rate provided by the video card
    > and therefore needs to be overidden or filtered. You might want to
    > consider reinstalling the monitor drivers (or replace them with a profile
    > that can match your monitor), or find a way to override the refresh rate.
    >
    > "DXDiag" provides support to override this under the "More Help" tab.
    > Generally, this isn't recommended unless you have to do so, as an
    > incorrect
    > value will cause the screen to blank out. (It can also fry older moniters
    > as well.)

    I actually tried rolling back the video card drivers... and that worked.
    Thanks for your help otherwise.

    --Brenden

Resolution Games Command Prompt Video Games