No more space on drive C:.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 11, 2005 12:39:05 PM

Hello,
I've got no more available space on drive C:.
I wish to decrease the size of the D: drive to encrease that of C:.
Tools like partition magic tell me that they don't run on 2000Server.

One more difficulty (?). C: is a disc SCSI partition behind a RAID controler.

Does someone know a tool allowing to manage that??
I obviously can't destroy my server.

Thank you in advance, greets, Cyril

More about : space drive

Anonymous
April 11, 2005 8:41:05 PM

Hello,

I've used this program in the past http://www.partition-manager.com/corporate/
So far never had a problem.

I'm assuming it's one disk split into two drives?

Regards
Paul Mckenna

"Cyril Vannier" wrote:

> Hello,
> I've got no more available space on drive C:.
> I wish to decrease the size of the D: drive to encrease that of C:.
> Tools like partition magic tell me that they don't run on 2000Server.
>
> One more difficulty (?). C: is a disc SCSI partition behind a RAID controler.
>
> Does someone know a tool allowing to manage that??
> I obviously can't destroy my server.
>
> Thank you in advance, greets, Cyril
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 9:02:04 PM

Cyril Vannier fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

> Hello,
> I've got no more available space on drive C:.
> I wish to decrease the size of the D: drive to encrease that of C:.
> Tools like partition magic tell me that they don't run on 2000Server.
>
> One more difficulty (?). C: is a disc SCSI partition behind a RAID
> controler.
>
> Does someone know a tool allowing to manage that??
> I obviously can't destroy my server.
>
> Thank you in advance, greets, Cyril

You can gain additional space back for the C drive by moving things like
the swapfile, temp folder location, IE cache's, profiles etc to the D
drive.

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk
April 15, 2005 5:40:24 AM

Hello,
Yes, it's one disk split into two drives.

Does this tool work on server??

Thanks, Cyril

"Paul Mckenna" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've used this program in the past http://www.partition-manager.com/corporate/
> So far never had a problem.
>
> I'm assuming it's one disk split into two drives?
>
> Regards
> Paul Mckenna
>
> "Cyril Vannier" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I've got no more available space on drive C:.
> > I wish to decrease the size of the D: drive to encrease that of C:.
> > Tools like partition magic tell me that they don't run on 2000Server.
> >
> > One more difficulty (?). C: is a disc SCSI partition behind a RAID controler.
> >
> > Does someone know a tool allowing to manage that??
> > I obviously can't destroy my server.
> >
> > Thank you in advance, greets, Cyril
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 5:58:01 AM

Hi,

Yes it does, the previous link i sent was to the feature list.
It runs on:
Windows 95, 98,
NT 4.0, Me, 2000
Professional,
Server, Adv. S.,
XP Pro, 2003

Hope this helps
Regards
Paul Mckenna

"Cyril Vannier" wrote:

> Hello,
> Yes, it's one disk split into two drives.
>
> Does this tool work on server??
>
> Thanks, Cyril
>
> "Paul Mckenna" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've used this program in the past http://www.partition-manager.com/corporate/
> > So far never had a problem.
> >
> > I'm assuming it's one disk split into two drives?
> >
> > Regards
> > Paul Mckenna
> >
> > "Cyril Vannier" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > > I've got no more available space on drive C:.
> > > I wish to decrease the size of the D: drive to encrease that of C:.
> > > Tools like partition magic tell me that they don't run on 2000Server.
> > >
> > > One more difficulty (?). C: is a disc SCSI partition behind a RAID controler.
> > >
> > > Does someone know a tool allowing to manage that??
> > > I obviously can't destroy my server.
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance, greets, Cyril
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 9:04:02 AM