No more space on drive C:.

Hello,
I've got no more available space on drive C:.
I wish to decrease the size of the D: drive to encrease that of C:.
Tools like partition magic tell me that they don't run on 2000Server.

One more difficulty (?). C: is a disc SCSI partition behind a RAID controler.

Does someone know a tool allowing to manage that??
I obviously can't destroy my server.

Thank you in advance, greets, Cyril
5 answers Last reply
More about space drive

    Hello,

    I've used this program in the past http://www.partition-manager.com/corporate/
    So far never had a problem.

    I'm assuming it's one disk split into two drives?

    Regards
    Paul Mckenna

    "Cyril Vannier" wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I've got no more available space on drive C:.
    > I wish to decrease the size of the D: drive to encrease that of C:.
    > Tools like partition magic tell me that they don't run on 2000Server.
    >
    > One more difficulty (?). C: is a disc SCSI partition behind a RAID controler.
    >
    > Does someone know a tool allowing to manage that??
    > I obviously can't destroy my server.
    >
    > Thank you in advance, greets, Cyril

    Cyril Vannier fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

    > Hello,
    > I've got no more available space on drive C:.
    > I wish to decrease the size of the D: drive to encrease that of C:.
    > Tools like partition magic tell me that they don't run on 2000Server.
    >
    > One more difficulty (?). C: is a disc SCSI partition behind a RAID
    > controler.
    >
    > Does someone know a tool allowing to manage that??
    > I obviously can't destroy my server.
    >
    > Thank you in advance, greets, Cyril

    You can gain additional space back for the C drive by moving things like
    the swapfile, temp folder location, IE cache's, profiles etc to the D
    drive.

    --
    Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

    http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

    Hello,
    Yes, it's one disk split into two drives.

    Does this tool work on server??

    Thanks, Cyril

    "Paul Mckenna" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I've used this program in the past http://www.partition-manager.com/corporate/
    > So far never had a problem.
    >
    > I'm assuming it's one disk split into two drives?
    >
    > Regards
    > Paul Mckenna
    >
    > "Cyril Vannier" wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > > I've got no more available space on drive C:.
    > > I wish to decrease the size of the D: drive to encrease that of C:.
    > > Tools like partition magic tell me that they don't run on 2000Server.
    > >
    > > One more difficulty (?). C: is a disc SCSI partition behind a RAID controler.
    > >
    > > Does someone know a tool allowing to manage that??
    > > I obviously can't destroy my server.
    > >
    > > Thank you in advance, greets, Cyril

    Hi,

    Yes it does, the previous link i sent was to the feature list.
    It runs on:
    Windows 95, 98,
    NT 4.0, Me, 2000
    Professional,
    Server, Adv. S.,
    XP Pro, 2003

    Hope this helps
    Regards
    Paul Mckenna

    "Cyril Vannier" wrote:

    > Hello,
    > Yes, it's one disk split into two drives.
    >
    > Does this tool work on server??
    >
    > Thanks, Cyril
    >
    > "Paul Mckenna" wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I've used this program in the past http://www.partition-manager.com/corporate/
    > > So far never had a problem.
    > >
    > > I'm assuming it's one disk split into two drives?
    > >
    > > Regards
    > > Paul Mckenna
    > >
    > > "Cyril Vannier" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hello,
    > > > I've got no more available space on drive C:.
    > > > I wish to decrease the size of the D: drive to encrease that of C:.
    > > > Tools like partition magic tell me that they don't run on 2000Server.
    > > >
    > > > One more difficulty (?). C: is a disc SCSI partition behind a RAID controler.
    > > >
    > > > Does someone know a tool allowing to manage that??
    > > > I obviously can't destroy my server.
    > > >
    > > > Thank you in advance, greets, Cyril

    Hi,

    Thank you for partition manager.
    It works perfectly

    Greeting, Cyril

    "Cyril Vannier" wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I've got no more available space on drive C:.
    > I wish to decrease the size of the D: drive to encrease that of C:.
    > Tools like partition magic tell me that they don't run on 2000Server.
    >
    > One more difficulty (?). C: is a disc SCSI partition behind a RAID controler.
    >
    > Does someone know a tool allowing to manage that??
    > I obviously can't destroy my server.
    >
    > Thank you in advance, greets, Cyril

Partition Magic Microsoft Windows