This seems to easy am i doing it right?

New_Faith

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
I'm very new to over clocking and decided to look into it, i just basically set my CPU frequency too 2.10 and the multiplier is at 10 and thats afar as it seems to go anyway My specs are 3800 X2 running now at 2.2 GHZ, Asus M2N-E motherboard, and corsair DDR 2 value ram PC5300 667 mhz , i was wondering if you guys could tell me if what im doing is correct.

toasty2

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006
Yes, and to achieve higher results you will probably need to force your ram to run at a lower speed and give your processor more voltage. But, give it the minimum you can and try not to go over 1.45v (which will only be required when you start to overclock around 2.6+ Ghz).

Just remember to do everything in small increments. I just overclocked for my first time ever yesterday, and I reached 3.1Ghz on my Opteron 1212 (stock speed is 2Ghz, so I overclocked 1.1Ghz!) I would use a program like Orthos to test for stability (I only run it for about 5 minutes and if it doesn't error than I go farther with my overclock.) I use CoreTemp to monitor CPU temperatures and I use CPU-Z to get basic overclock info.

By the way, Opterons are awesome, I am running at 2.9Ghz with stock voltage!