IIS 6 install on WIndows 2000 professional

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade,microsoft.public.win2000.applications,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

I want to install IIS 6.0 if possible on my Windows 2000 professional
desktop or IIS 5 if IIS 6 is not possible.

I cannot find the Windows 2000 professional CD handy please advice
where I can download the IIS 5 or IIS 6 from the web.

Thanks
Karen

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade,microsoft.public.win2000.applications,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

You cannot install IIS6 on Windows 2000.

You also cannot download IIS from the Web. You need an I386 directory from
a W2K setup disc. Here's information replacing lost software.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326246

Ray at work

"Karen Middleton" <karenmiddleol@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I want to install IIS 6.0 if possible on my Windows 2000 professional
> desktop or IIS 5 if IIS 6 is not possible.
>
> I cannot find the Windows 2000 professional CD handy please advice
> where I can download the IIS 5 or IIS 6 from the web.
>
> Thanks
> Karen

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade,microsoft.public.win2000.applications,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

Not possible.

--
George Hester