2 NICs on Windows 2000 Server

Tim

Hi folks,
Nick Staff was right; my server did not hang, it waited... So, I
connected to the server over RDC.
I can change everything although I cannot log on directly on the server.

What I wanted to do is to connect one NIC to the Internet and the other NIC
to my network.
But I didn't work out for me yet. I have trouble with the DNS stuff over
here, I think.
My TCP/IP config for the "Internet NIC" holds a static IP, the gateway and
the DNSs given by the ISP.
The other NIC holds the 192.168.0.1, itself as gateway and DNS server.
The DNS Server running on my server is set up to lookup the domain-names if
not found on the DNS of my ISP.

But somehow all that is not working for me...

THANKS for you help!

Tim

since this is your domain controller (if i rmember right) then it MUST only
be configured to query dns server with your ad records or you'll run into
problems. To do this, on your internet nic manually specify the primary dns
- set it to the internal dns server (or the local one if it's running dns).
this should be your only dns entry unless you have additional internal dns
servers. Secondly remove the default gateway entry on your internal nic - a
machine can only have one default gateway and it should be on your internet
nic (as assigned by isp).

that might get your machine online but do you want it routing also? There
is also additional stuff to do to make sure ad works rught with this config
but im tired now - so let me know if you try the suggestions and how they
work for you and if you want to use the server to route, etc.

Nick