Hotplug PS2 keyboard - Q262798

I am trying to hotplug my PS2 keyboard on my PC running Win2000 SP4, and
WinXP, SP2. I tried to apply the suggestion metioned in article Q262798, ie,
editing the register. However, even adding the value "Headless" and chaning
the data to "1", it still does not work. According to the article, it should
be as simple as that but that is not the case.

Is there anybody out there who successfully applied this article. I need
advice please. Please help.

Thank you and best regards.

Jeffrey Lee

If you have the correct file version and the regedit doesn't work for you
then you'll probably need to call product support. The call should be free.
According to the article the fix does not apply to Windows XP

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Jeffrey Lee" wrote:
|I am trying to hotplug my PS2 keyboard on my PC running Win2000 SP4, and
| WinXP, SP2. I tried to apply the suggestion metioned in article Q262798,
ie,
| editing the register. However, even adding the value "Headless" and
chaning
| the data to "1", it still does not work. According to the article, it
should
| be as simple as that but that is not the case.
|
| Is there anybody out there who successfully applied this article. I need
| advice please. Please help.
|
| Thank you and best regards.
|
| Jeffrey Lee

According to the article, I need Ver 5.0.2195.4900 or later of i8042prt.sys.
The one in my PC (Win2K SP4) is 5.0.2195.6655, which I think should be
correct. I tried calling my Microsoft Distributor but they just told me that
if it does not work, then it does not work. No useful assistance given. I am
so dissapointed with Microsoft's distributor who did not bother to put in any
effort to help end user like me. If you know how I can get in touch with
Microsoft directly (without going thru their distributor) will be great help.

On the side line, I am beginning to wonder what is the difference between
uisng Linux OS and Microsoft OS. Linux which is free, do not have support
(but hey, they are free). Microsoft, on the other hand, who charges an arm
and a leg for the OS and still have no form of support as well. Great
dissapointment.......

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> If you have the correct file version and the regedit doesn't work for you
> then you'll probably need to call product support. The call should be free.
> According to the article the fix does not apply to Windows XP
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Jeffrey Lee" wrote:
> |I am trying to hotplug my PS2 keyboard on my PC running Win2000 SP4, and
> | WinXP, SP2. I tried to apply the suggestion metioned in article Q262798,
> ie,
> | editing the register. However, even adding the value "Headless" and
> chaning
> | the data to "1", it still does not work. According to the article, it
> should
> | be as simple as that but that is not the case.
> |
> | Is there anybody out there who successfully applied this article. I need
> | advice please. Please help.
> |
> | Thank you and best regards.
> |
> | Jeffrey Lee

Not really other than going this route.