Hotplug PS2 keyboard - Q262798

I am trying to hotplug my PS2 keyboard on my PC running Win2000 SP4, and
WinXP, SP2. I tried to apply the suggestion metioned in article Q262798, ie,
editing the register. However, even adding the value "Headless" and chaning
the data to "1", it still does not work. According to the article, it should
be as simple as that but that is not the case.

Is there anybody out there who successfully applied this article. I need
advice please. Please help.

Thank you and best regards.

Jeffrey Lee
3 answers Last reply
More about hotplug keyboard q262798

    If you have the correct file version and the regedit doesn't work for you
    then you'll probably need to call product support. The call should be free.
    According to the article the fix does not apply to Windows XP

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Jeffrey Lee" wrote:
    |I am trying to hotplug my PS2 keyboard on my PC running Win2000 SP4, and
    | WinXP, SP2. I tried to apply the suggestion metioned in article Q262798,
    ie,
    | editing the register. However, even adding the value "Headless" and
    chaning
    | the data to "1", it still does not work. According to the article, it
    should
    | be as simple as that but that is not the case.
    |
    | Is there anybody out there who successfully applied this article. I need
    | advice please. Please help.
    |
    | Thank you and best regards.
    |
    | Jeffrey Lee

    According to the article, I need Ver 5.0.2195.4900 or later of i8042prt.sys.
    The one in my PC (Win2K SP4) is 5.0.2195.6655, which I think should be
    correct. I tried calling my Microsoft Distributor but they just told me that
    if it does not work, then it does not work. No useful assistance given. I am
    so dissapointed with Microsoft's distributor who did not bother to put in any
    effort to help end user like me. If you know how I can get in touch with
    Microsoft directly (without going thru their distributor) will be great help.

    On the side line, I am beginning to wonder what is the difference between
    uisng Linux OS and Microsoft OS. Linux which is free, do not have support
    (but hey, they are free). Microsoft, on the other hand, who charges an arm
    and a leg for the OS and still have no form of support as well. Great
    dissapointment.......

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > If you have the correct file version and the regedit doesn't work for you
    > then you'll probably need to call product support. The call should be free.
    > According to the article the fix does not apply to Windows XP
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Jeffrey Lee" wrote:
    > |I am trying to hotplug my PS2 keyboard on my PC running Win2000 SP4, and
    > | WinXP, SP2. I tried to apply the suggestion metioned in article Q262798,
    > ie,
    > | editing the register. However, even adding the value "Headless" and
    > chaning
    > | the data to "1", it still does not work. According to the article, it
    > should
    > | be as simple as that but that is not the case.
    > |
    > | Is there anybody out there who successfully applied this article. I need
    > | advice please. Please help.
    > |
    > | Thank you and best regards.
    > |
    > | Jeffrey Lee

    Not really other than going this route.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/contactus.mspx

    --
    Regards,
    Dave

    -------------

    "Jeffrey Lee" wrote:
    | According to the article, I need Ver 5.0.2195.4900 or later of
    i8042prt.sys.
    | The one in my PC (Win2K SP4) is 5.0.2195.6655, which I think should be
    | correct. I tried calling my Microsoft Distributor but they just told me
    that
    | if it does not work, then it does not work. No useful assistance given. I
    am
    | so dissapointed with Microsoft's distributor who did not bother to put in
    any
    | effort to help end user like me. If you know how I can get in touch with
    | Microsoft directly (without going thru their distributor) will be great
    help.

    | On the side line, I am beginning to wonder what is the difference between
    | uisng Linux OS and Microsoft OS. Linux which is free, do not have support
    | (but hey, they are free). Microsoft, on the other hand, who charges an arm
    | and a leg for the OS and still have no form of support as well. Great
    | dissapointment.......

PlayStation Keyboards Windows