Mr

I think we all hate when this thing comes up-Especially on a web site that
we know exsists and one uses all the time. But whats worse is when you
connect to the net (I use dialup), & it happens on 99% of the sites you are
trying to visit. I logged off and restarted my connection and that seemed to
take care of my problem....this time.
Why does this happen?. At my moms pc, it happens very frequently. Especially
when I try to go to online virus/spyware scanner sites.
she has XP, norton 2005, spyware blaster, adaware, SS&D, sp1,ZA free
version.
thanks

"MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
> I think we all hate when this thing comes up-Especially on a web site
> that we know exsists and one uses all the time. But whats worse is
> when you connect to the net (I use dialup), & it happens on 99% of
> the sites you are trying to visit. I logged off and restarted my
> connection and that seemed to take care of my problem....this time.
> Why does this happen?. At my moms pc, it happens very frequently.
> Especially when I try to go to online virus/spyware scanner sites.
> she has XP, norton 2005, spyware blaster, adaware, SS&D, sp1,ZA free
> version.
> thanks

Have they all been updated today?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Mr

Well, we update when we can and when it lets me. As far as pestpatrol, panda
virus online scan, & trendmicro online scanner, the cannot find server has
been frequently. Either of those programs freezes (especially when its
downloading the active x component) or the cannot find server thing pops up.
But going back to the cannot find server thing, WHy does that happen if I
know that the sites are valid ones?? If this kind of thing happens
constantly, what security issues might there be. I guess I could post to the
security forum, but maybe I wont need to. thanks again

"MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
> Well, we update when we can and when it lets me. As far as
> pestpatrol, panda virus online scan, & trendmicro online scanner, the
> cannot find server has been frequently. Either of those programs
> freezes (especially when its downloading the active x component) or
> the cannot find server thing pops up. But going back to the cannot
> find server thing, WHy does that happen if I know that the sites are
> valid ones?? If this kind of thing happens constantly, what security
> issues might there be. I guess I could post to the security forum,
> but maybe I wont need to. thanks again "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP"
> <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> "MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
>>> I think we all hate when this thing comes up-Especially on a web
>>> site that we know exsists and one uses all the time. But whats
>>> worse is when you connect to the net (I use dialup), & it happens
>>> on 99% of the sites you are trying to visit. I logged off and
>>> restarted my connection and that seemed to take care of my
>>> problem....this time. Why does this happen?. At my moms pc, it
>>> happens very frequently. Especially when I try to go to online
>>> virus/spyware scanner sites. she has XP, norton 2005, spyware
>>> blaster, adaware, SS&D, sp1,ZA free version.
>>> thanks
>>
>> Have they all been updated today?
>>
>> --
>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
>> Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
>> http://www.fjsmjs.com
>> Protect your PC
>> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx

Go to: http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
Download "Hijack This!" [freeware]

Unzip, double-click "HijackThis.exe" and Press "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log"
button.
Click: "Save Log" (generates: "hijackthis.log")

Next, go to the below location:
http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/

Sign in, go to the "Spyware and Hijackware Removal" section.
Press "New Topic" and post a description of your symptoms. If they need to
see your log they will ask for it.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com