changing custom start menu to local menu?

i have six pc's (win200pro) that we are lending out to another school. at the
moment the start menus all point to our server where the folders containing
all the shortcuts are sitting. if i pull the network cable out and log on
locally as administrator they still point to our server.
how can i change this so it looks to All Users or default Profile - or
anything local
cheers
2 answers Last reply
More about changing custom start menu local menu

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 07:18:04 -0700, "buttons" <buttons@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >i have six pc's (win200pro) that we are lending out to another school. at the
    >moment the start menus all point to our server where the folders containing
    >all the shortcuts are sitting. if i pull the network cable out and log on
    >locally as administrator they still point to our server.
    >how can i change this so it looks to All Users or default Profile - or
    >anything local
    >cheers

    See Start Menu at tip 2365 » User Shell Folders in Windows 2000.
    in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows Server MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com

    thanks, does that mean that i copy all those default reg settings to the same
    place on the PC's i have here?

    "Jerold Schulman" wrote:

    > On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 07:18:04 -0700, "buttons" <buttons@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >i have six pc's (win200pro) that we are lending out to another school. at the
    > >moment the start menus all point to our server where the folders containing
    > >all the shortcuts are sitting. if i pull the network cable out and log on
    > >locally as administrator they still point to our server.
    > >how can i change this so it looks to All Users or default Profile - or
    > >anything local
    > >cheers
    >

    > See Start Menu at tip 2365 » User Shell Folders in Windows 2000.
    > in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com
    >

    > Jerold Schulman
    > Windows Server MVP
    > JSI, Inc.