  • Servers
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 12, 2005 10:51:39 PM

Hi,
I'm trying to put scheduled tape backup job to work but without success. It
works fine when I start backup manually through wizard, but scheduled job
never succeeds. I created scheduled backup job by backup wizard.

Also scheduled backup through SQL server on the same machine worked fine.

More about : tape backup problem win 2000 server

Anonymous
April 13, 2005 10:16:02 PM

What do the logs for the failed backup jobs say?

Kevin McNiel, MCSE/MCSA
Platform Server Setup Group

Please reply to the Group only, This address cannot receive incoming
messages.

"Wagner" <wagner@email.t-com.hr> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm trying to put scheduled tape backup job to work but without success.
> It
> works fine when I start backup manually through wizard, but scheduled job
> never succeeds. I created scheduled backup job by backup wizard.
>
> Also scheduled backup through SQL server on the same machine worked fine.
April 15, 2005 1:31:15 AM

In my experience this is caused by running the scheduled
task as a user who is not a backup operator. Anyway, that's
what I'd check first.

I *think* that a scheduled task is run as "System Account"
and I'm not sure that this account is a backup operator.
Could easily be wrong.

Anyway, to check, I'd add a user to the Backup Operators and
run the scheduled task as that user to see if it works.

Cheers.

Cliff