Tape backup problem on win 2000 server

Hi,
I'm trying to put scheduled tape backup job to work but without success. It
works fine when I start backup manually through wizard, but scheduled job
never succeeds. I created scheduled backup job by backup wizard.

Also scheduled backup through SQL server on the same machine worked fine.
2 answers Last reply
More about tape backup problem 2000 server

    What do the logs for the failed backup jobs say?

    Kevin McNiel, MCSE/MCSA
    Platform Server Setup Group

    Please reply to the Group only, This address cannot receive incoming
    messages.

    "Wagner" <wagner@email.t-com.hr> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I'm trying to put scheduled tape backup job to work but without success.
    > It
    > works fine when I start backup manually through wizard, but scheduled job
    > never succeeds. I created scheduled backup job by backup wizard.
    >
    > Also scheduled backup through SQL server on the same machine worked fine.

    In my experience this is caused by running the scheduled
    task as a user who is not a backup operator. Anyway, that's
    what I'd check first.

    I *think* that a scheduled task is run as "System Account"
    and I'm not sure that this account is a backup operator.
    Could easily be wrong.

    Anyway, to check, I'd add a user to the Backup Operators and
    run the scheduled task as that user to see if it works.

    Cheers.

    Cliff

    Kevin McNiel [MSFT] wrote:
    > What do the logs for the failed backup jobs say?
    >
    > Kevin McNiel, MCSE/MCSA
    > Platform Server Setup Group

    > Please reply to the Group only, This address cannot receive incoming
    > messages.
    >

    > "Wagner" <wagner@email.t-com.hr> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>I'm trying to put scheduled tape backup job to work but without success.
    >>It
    >>works fine when I start backup manually through wizard, but scheduled job
    >>never succeeds. I created scheduled backup job by backup wizard.
    >>
    >>Also scheduled backup through SQL server on the same machine worked fine.

Backup Microsoft Servers Windows