How to edit a registry db residing other than the one the ..

I have cloned my system onto a different disk, however I made the
mistake to assign a letter to the cloned disk and now when I try to
boot from the clone it cannot create the page file and it logs me
right out without giving me the channce to fix it.
Since the original drive boots fine, is there a way to edit the
registry that is on the cloned disk by using regedit/regedt32 if I
install both drives in the system?

TIA
bill
2 answers Last reply
More about edit registry residing

    Run regedt32, then from the Local Machine Hive, choose Registry|Load Hive.
    Then navigate to the location of the hive you want to edit/read. Give it
    some tempname (doesn't matter what). Then when your done, move the cursor
    back to tempname, then Registry|Unload Hive, Registry|Exit

    You'll find them in
    %windir%\system32\config

    the current_user hive is in
    %userprofile%\ntuser.dat

    The last reg backup files in
    %windir%\repair\RegBack

    and the original as-installed files in
    %windir%\repair

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    at Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:34:22 GMT in <jlbo51p7ijrbv2i09nqj911i3sodbcp5su@
    4ax.com>, sorry@no.spm (William) wrote :

    >I have cloned my system onto a different disk...
    >... is there a way to edit the
    >registry that is on the cloned disk by using regedit/regedt32...
    >
    >TIA
    >bill

    See my solution under "Copying system to new drive - pagefile problem".
    It's my reply to Pegasus(MVP) after I originally ran into the same problem
    you did. I pretty much walk through the procedure.

    --
    Alex Rast
    ad.rast.7@nwnotlink.NOSPAM.com

Registry Windows