Help Changing Home folder

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 12, 2005 10:16:14 PM

We're moving the home folder data from 1 win2000 server to another. Does
anyone have a script, or shorcut to change the user home folder specified in
the 'profile' for multiple users in Win 2K AD. Instead of having to do it
manually 1 by 1. I know it could be set in a logon script, but there are
specific users who do not have a path set, so I just want to change those who
do have an entry for the home folder. Basically it will just be the server
name changing.

Thanks in advance

More about : changing home folder

Anonymous
April 13, 2005 1:57:45 PM

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:16:14 -0700, Mick34 <Mick34@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We're moving the home folder data from 1 win2000 server to another. Does
>anyone have a script, or shorcut to change the user home folder specified in
>the 'profile' for multiple users in Win 2K AD. Instead of having to do it
>manually 1 by 1. I know it could be set in a logon script, but there are
>specific users who do not have a path set, so I just want to change those who
>do have an entry for the home folder. Basically it will just be the server
>name changing.
>
>Thanks in advance

See tip 8495 » The ChgSrv.bat script can modify all users homeDrive, homeDirectory, and/or profilePath.
in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 9:05:04 PM

Thanks, I'll check it out...looks just like what I was looking for

!