Help Changing Home folder

We're moving the home folder data from 1 win2000 server to another. Does
anyone have a script, or shorcut to change the user home folder specified in
the 'profile' for multiple users in Win 2K AD. Instead of having to do it
manually 1 by 1. I know it could be set in a logon script, but there are
specific users who do not have a path set, so I just want to change those who
do have an entry for the home folder. Basically it will just be the server
name changing.

Thanks in advance
2 answers Last reply
More about help changing home folder

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:16:14 -0700, Mick34 <Mick34@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >We're moving the home folder data from 1 win2000 server to another. Does
    >anyone have a script, or shorcut to change the user home folder specified in
    >the 'profile' for multiple users in Win 2K AD. Instead of having to do it
    >manually 1 by 1. I know it could be set in a logon script, but there are
    >specific users who do not have a path set, so I just want to change those who
    >do have an entry for the home folder. Basically it will just be the server
    >name changing.
    >
    >Thanks in advance

    See tip 8495 » The ChgSrv.bat script can modify all users homeDrive, homeDirectory, and/or profilePath.
    in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows Server MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com

    Thanks, I'll check it out...looks just like what I was looking for

    "Jerold Schulman" wrote:

    > On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:16:14 -0700, Mick34 <Mick34@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >We're moving the home folder data from 1 win2000 server to another. Does
    > >anyone have a script, or shorcut to change the user home folder specified in
    > >the 'profile' for multiple users in Win 2K AD. Instead of having to do it
    > >manually 1 by 1. I know it could be set in a logon script, but there are
    > >specific users who do not have a path set, so I just want to change those who
    > >do have an entry for the home folder. Basically it will just be the server
    > >name changing.
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance
    >
    > See tip 8495 » The ChgSrv.bat script can modify all users homeDrive, homeDirectory, and/or profilePath.
    > in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com
    >
    > Jerold Schulman
    > Windows Server MVP
    > JSI, Inc.