Outlook

I reinstalled Windows 2000 Pro... might have been a mistake.
I lost my Outlook, and everything that I open, has to reinstall? Any
suggestions?

dl

'Everything I open'
Is it possible you have actually installed a second instance of Win2k, as
apposed to repairing your installation?

"Paige" <Paige@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I reinstalled Windows 2000 Pro... might have been a mistake.
> I lost my Outlook, and everything that I open, has to reinstall? Any
> suggestions?

"Paige" <Paige@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I reinstalled Windows 2000 Pro... might have been a mistake.
> I lost my Outlook, and everything that I open, has to reinstall? Any
> suggestions?

- Did you lose your EMail application, or just your EMail data files?
- Which flavour of EMail do you use, Outlook, or Outlook Express?
- Which version of this product do you use?

If you re-installed Windows 2000 over itself then you have a new profile. Hence the one that housed your Outlook data files is still there only in the old profile; the one without a MachineName at the end of it. You need Admin Priviledges to see and access all the Profiles under Documents and Settings.

--
George Hester