"Dreamstalker" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:42facdea$1@news.bnb-lp.com...
> How do you beat the faeries (Balthazar's Grove) in NQ2? I'm running out
> of gold to buy armor/weapons with...

Are you rushing? By that I mean do you have enough levels to take them out?
The site I recomend later has a lot of info, and they say for Normal 45-47,
for Evil 46-48,and for Insane 48-50. I have adjusted this for my own lack
of good gaming skills so that I tend to be one level higher than they
recomend, usually.

I usually look at what they can do and take out whoever it is that heals
first. Always take her out, she can and will heal everyone else. Just a
sec, I have to find the help site for this.

I use http://geocities.com/neoquest_2c4/monster.html .

It says the faeries are as follows, with my recomendations, they have
different recomendations on their levels to fight bosses page:

Haste & protect yourself, if you have those abilities and slow them with
potions if you can; consentrate on one at a time, unless you stun one and
think you can get rid of another one before she comes back. I have done
Water first and Earth last each time, and I am pretty sure I did the other
two in this order each time too. But if you find that someone else is
really bugging you, take them out after Water is gone.

Water - Renew (150 heal) and Vivification (78 grp heal) Immune to Rohane's
Stunning Strike = Take her out first! Hit her with everyone and everything
you can and get rid of her quick!

Dark - Rampant Acceleration (38% haste), Petrification (62% slow) &
Spellbind = Then her. You don't need to be slowed or mesmerized or them
quicker.

Fire - Anarchic Wind (56 grp dmg) and Obliterate (100 dmg) = Then her, she
has a group thing.

Earth - Critical Hit & Stunning Strike & Immune to Velm's Mesmerization =
And finally her.

My question is why is Earth always so weak or useless? In Faerie quests
Earth just fills one of your Pets up. Here she has the worst (well,
relatively speaking) abilities. Is it to make up for the fact that Illusen
is an Earth Faerie? Or that 4 bottled Earth Faeries give us one of the best
BattleDome abilities, Burrow?

Good Luck! And remember, this is fun (according to some people). :)

daramark

daramark wrote:

> "Dreamstalker" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in message
>
>>How do you beat the faeries (Balthazar's Grove) in NQ2? I'm running out
>>of gold to buy armor/weapons with...
>
> Are you rushing? By that I mean do you have enough levels to take them out?
> The site I recomend later has a lot of info, and they say for Normal 45-47,
> for Evil 46-48,and for Insane 48-50. I have adjusted this for my own lack
> of good gaming skills so that I tend to be one level higher than they
> recomend, usually.
>
> I usually look at what they can do and take out whoever it is that heals
> first. Always take her out, she can and will heal everyone else. Just a
> sec, I have to find the help site for this.
>
> I use http://geocities.com/neoquest_2c4/monster.html .

I'm using IDNQ; they suggest l. 45 which is what I've been
getting my butt kicked on. Maybe I'll go wander around the Cave
of Dark Things again and level up (and get more gold).

That site makes more sense actually; IDNQ says to take out the
Fire faerie first (which, if my experience is any indication,
does not work).

--
Neopets! It's FREE! Create and care for a virtual pet, explore,
play games and more!