NTFS Permissions variance

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
April 13, 2005 10:11:02 AM

A client of ours has a windows 2000 server (SP4) and has set security on a
folder to enable domain users the following permissions:
Read and execute
List Folder Contents
Read
Write

From a Windows XP machine, the user is able to modify a document (i.e. in
Word), but the same user when logged into a W2K workstation is unable to
modify the same document (must instead do a "save as").
Any explanation?

TIA

--
Buddy
Consultant

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:11:02 -0700, "Buddy" <Buddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>A client of ours has a windows 2000 server (SP4) and has set security on a
>folder to enable domain users the following permissions:
>Read and execute
>List Folder Contents
>Read
>Write
>
>From a Windows XP machine, the user is able to modify a document (i.e. in
>Word), but the same user when logged into a W2K workstation is unable to
>modify the same document (must instead do a "save as").
>Any explanation?
>
>TIA

Same version of Word?

I suspect not. The W2K version is probsbly failing while trying to delete a temporary file.

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com