Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
my current rig

cpu: amd 3700+ @(3.2) on stock cooling
mobo: asus a8n-sli (standard) but with bios modded to suit a delux mobo
ram: shabby kingston value ram (lol sad i know) holding back my oc's
video: 7600 gt with volt mod 690/1460
hdd: shabby 80 wd drive

as you can see i need a upgrade asap, i got noobs kicking my as in bf2 atm..

my soon to be rig

cpu : e6600 2.40GHz Socket 775 1066MHz
mobo: EVGA nForce 680i SLI
ram : Corsair TWINX 2048MB PC6400 DDR2
video: BFG GeForce 7950 GT (for now until i can afford a 8800gtx..
hdd: Western Digital / Caviar SE 16 / 250GB / 7200 / 16MB
case: none yet.. will see how much i have left over if any..

kind of a budget system for now, i have a broken ankle and not working atm so this will have to do for now

so yes ima noob to this forum.. i have alot of exp overclocking amd systems...except i havnt had time of late to build a core 2 duo... so i am asking for some help here... please tell me how this system stacks up and point me in the right direction if i need to change a few parts, im looking at overclocking it soon as i get it (2 weeks tops)my main concern is that it will last a good year or so, even if i have to upgrade parts in a few months, but for now i would like a rock soild mobo/cpu combo... can upgrade the rest later... anyway a quick thanks in advance for all who reply.. and get job on the forum

kind regards

deadlydude

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
Check out this site:
http://www.hardocp.com/

They have a couple of reviews on that Motherboard and a good forum discussion of the pros and cons

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
my current rig

cpu: amd 3700+ @(3.2) on stock cooling
mobo: asus a8n-sli (standard) but with bios modded to suit a delux mobo
ram: shabby kingston value ram (lol sad i know) holding back my oc's
video: 7600 gt with volt mod 690/1460
hdd: shabby 80 wd drive

as you can see i need a upgrade asap, i got noobs kicking my as in bf2 atm..

my soon to be rig

cpu : e6600 2.40GHz Socket 775 1066MHz
mobo: EVGA nForce 680i SLI
ram : Corsair TWINX 2048MB PC6400 DDR2
video: BFG GeForce 7950 GT (for now until i can afford a 8800gtx..
hdd: Western Digital / Caviar SE 16 / 250GB / 7200 / 16MB
case: none yet.. will see how much i have left over if any..

kind of a budget system for now, i have a broken ankle and not working atm so this will have to do for now

so yes ima noob to this forum.. i have alot of exp overclocking amd systems...except i havnt had time of late to build a core 2 duo... so i am asking for some help here... please tell me how this system stacks up and point me in the right direction if i need to change a few parts, im looking at overclocking it soon as i get it (2 weeks tops)my main concern is that it will last a good year or so, even if i have to upgrade parts in a few months, but for now i would like a rock soild mobo/cpu combo... can upgrade the rest later... anyway a quick thanks in advance for all who reply.. and get job on the forum

kind regards
X1950XT lays a smackdown on the 7950gt.
Otherwise, the system looks good though, if you don't mind paying a premium for a 680i (personally, I'd go with a P5B-E, save a ton of money and still do major overclocking).