Group Policy Question

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 14, 2005 10:24:02 AM

We have a Windows 2000 server that has Exchange 2000 on it.

All Windows 2000 clients are NOT logging onto the domain, they are all in a
Workgroup and only connect to this 2000 server for email.

If we were to apply a password policy to the domain would the policy apply
when the client got their email?

My thought is no they would not, in order to get the policy they would need
to be logging onto the domain but i was hoping to get a more definite answer
and if there was any way to apply a password policy to these clients that
were not logging onto the domain.

More about : group policy question

April 20, 2005 12:55:01 AM

Hi,

to run Exchange server u need active directory running which means u can
apply password policy to the active directory users. even your users
accessing PCs belongs to a workgroup it will prompt user name & password
whisch is stord in AD in order to enavle access to there mailboxes (which can
be with a password policy).
only problem will users face is when it comes to change there password.
becouse if the Machines are not belongs to the domain it will not allow u to
change users password from there PCs. unless users change there passwords
using OWA. if your planing to impliment password expieration policy its a
good practice to give them OWA access to change there passwords.

Padman

!