un zip program

Is there a free program I can get for unzipping a .zip file? I have a very
old PKzip but there must be something for W2000 that is simple to operate.

WinRar is the best, but like Winzip, it isn't free. Winzip has a 30 days
trial period & then costs $29 to register.

http://www.7-zip.org/

http://www.tnpsc.com/ssaver/easyzip111.htm

http://www.freebyte.com/fbzip/

http://www.coffeecup.com/zip-wizard/

http://www.camunzip.com/

http://www.freestuffer.com/software/zip_utility.html

http://www.trans4mind.com/personal_development/zipper/

There are loads more, but the above should keep you happy.

If however you will later purchase a compression utility then I recommend
WinRar (http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm)

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE
Official Microsoft Beta Tester

You've given me lots to keep me busy today--thank you.

"Crouchie1998" wrote:

> WinRar is the best, but like Winzip, it isn't free. Winzip has a 30 days
> trial period & then costs $29 to register.
>
> http://www.7-zip.org/
>
> http://www.tnpsc.com/ssaver/easyzip111.htm
>
> http://www.freebyte.com/fbzip/
>
> http://www.coffeecup.com/zip-wizard/
>
> http://www.camunzip.com/
>
> http://www.freestuffer.com/software/zip_utility.html
>
> http://www.trans4mind.com/personal_development/zipper/
>
> There are loads more, but the above should keep you happy.
>
> If however you will later purchase a compression utility then I recommend
> WinRar (http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm)
>
> Crouchie1998
> BA (HONS) MCP MCSE
> Official Microsoft Beta Tester