blue screen kmode_exception_not handled

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
April 15, 2005 7:25:17 AM

Hello,

I wonder what could have happend and how to solve it :

We were asked to log off computers for some server office installation.
When I got back to my computer I had following blue screen:

0x0000001e <0xc000005, 0xED197c5B, 0x00000001, 0x00000004>
kmode_exception_not_handled

Can start it in save mode. Checked regedit but do not see anything strange.

Hope to get some help !!

/Laura
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 6:34:27 PM

Laura wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wonder what could have happend and how to solve it :
>
> We were asked to log off computers for some server office installation.
> When I got back to my computer I had following blue screen:
>
> 0x0000001e <0xc000005, 0xED197c5B, 0x00000001, 0x00000004>
> kmode_exception_not_handled
>
> Can start it in save mode. Checked regedit but do not see anything strange.
>
> Hope to get some help !!
>
> /Laura

What is the complete BSOD message? It should be listing a
system file or a driver file. Stop 0x1E messages typically
occur after installing faulty drivers or system services.
Take a look here at some of the possibilities:

April 16, 2005 5:05:32 AM

If the problem is on Windows 2000 then why are you pointing the user to
Windows XP Recourse kit?

If you look at the other post I have give a link to the correct possible
solution

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 5:29:55 AM

Crouchie1998 wrote:
> If the problem is on Windows 2000 then why are you pointing the user to
> Windows XP Recourse kit?
>
> If you look at the other post I have give a link to the correct possible
> solution
>
> Crouchie1998
> BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

A stop error is a stop error and the 0x1E error is pretty
common. The answers and potential solutions are pretty much
the same, regardless if the OS is Windows NT, 2000 or XP.
IMO, this Technet reference (I think it is one of several
that one gets while searching Microsoft's web) is pretty
convenient versus some other ancienct reference, such as
Q103059 that I have sitting around somewhere on my test
bench.
!