IIS does not start and terminates with errors

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

I installed IIS on my WIndows 2000 professional workstation from the
CD.
Now I cannot start IIS if I attempt starting it I get the following
error:

"The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
timely fashion"

Can somebody please help me in troubleshooting what this error is and
recovering from it. I have two adapters on this workstation one as a
IP address for the default web site I have put the IP address on
127.0.0.1 and despite it I cannot start the IIS service please help
how to fix this.

Thanks
Karen

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

You can't "use" 127.0.0.1 for anything,...you can't assign it to anything.
In fact I don't think you can use the any address within 127.*.*.* for
anything.

Usually as soon as someone says, "I have 2 adapters and...." red flags
fly up all over the place in my mind. Most of the situations are done based
on misunderstanding and there aren't that many legitiment situations which
more than one Nic is used. So,...with that said,...why are you doing this?

--

Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

"Karen Middleton" <karenmiddleol@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I installed IIS on my WIndows 2000 professional workstation from the
> CD.
> Now I cannot start IIS if I attempt starting it I get the following
> error:
>
> "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
> timely fashion"
>
> Can somebody please help me in troubleshooting what this error is and
> recovering from it. I have two adapters on this workstation one as a
> IP address for the default web site I have put the IP address on
> 127.0.0.1 and despite it I cannot start the IIS service please help
> how to fix this.
>
> Thanks
> Karen

TRENDING THREADS