2k with 2k3 license?

I have just bought a new server and am wanting to install 2k server. Is it
possible for me to use a 2k3 server licence for this?
If so how do i go about useing it? do i use the cd key that comes with 2k3
for my 2k instalation?

Cheers!

Alex

http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/8/9/68964284-864d-4a6d-aed9-f2c1f8f23e14/downgrade_chart.doc
If allowed, you would need the key for the 2k operating system.

alexbax wrote:

> I have just bought a new server and am wanting to install 2k server. Is it
> possible for me to use a 2k3 server licence for this?
> If so how do i go about useing it? do i use the cd key that comes with 2k3
> for my 2k instalation?
>
> Cheers!
>
> Alex

Thanks!

I'm a bit confused about the 2k cd key. Where would i get one? and would i
have to pay for it?
If so how would the 2k3 licence be used?

Cheers

Alex

"Bob I" wrote:

> http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/8/9/68964284-864d-4a6d-aed9-f2c1f8f23e14/downgrade_chart.doc
> If allowed, you would need the key for the 2k operating system.
>
> alexbax wrote:
>
> > I have just bought a new server and am wanting to install 2k server. Is it
> > possible for me to use a 2k3 server licence for this?
> > If so how do i go about useing it? do i use the cd key that comes with 2k3
> > for my 2k instalation?
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Alex

I only passed along the info I dug up for you on the Microsoft site. I
suggest you contact Microsoft licensing folks for the wherefors,
whereas' and whereabouts. See question #1 at link below

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/resources/faq.mspx