Need a chuckle?

Browsing the trades, I come to a Wishlist that simply says: Dont Rip Me
Off

Umm, okay I'll try not to. I wanted the item, so I opened up a new window
to load the person's user look-up, so I could continue browsing the trades
without losing my place.

Oh. My. Goodness.
Funniest look-up ever!

http://petpages.neopets.com/randomfriend.phtml?user=pyro_duck70

It's slow loading, and I have cable, so here's the transcript of the
page:
WELCOME TO MY USERLOOKUP, I NEVER SCAM, I GIVE PEOPLE THERE TRUST. IF I
WOULD SCAM I WOULDNT BE TELLING YOU THAT I DON'T SCAM. PEOPLE THINK I SCAM
AFTER I GIVE THE ITEM I GIVE THEM. AND THEY CALL ME A SCAMMER. SCAMMERS
THESE DAYS, THINKING I'M A SCAMMER. WELL YOU KNOW WHAT? BEING A SCAMMER IS
VERY EVIL FOR THE INNOCENT PEOPLE THAT WORKED VERY HARD FINDING AND
EARNING THERE NEOPOINTS. THATS WHY I HAVE A GUILD BANK FOR ALL OF US TO
SHARE WHOEVER IS IN MY GUILD. I SEE YOUR SUSPICIOUS. YOU WANT TO JOIN MY
GUILD AND JUST WANT TO BUY ITEMS WITH THE BANK EH? WELL, YOU CANT USE THE
GUILD BANK RIGHT AWAY WHEN YOU JOIN MY GUILD. THAT HOW I CAN TELL YOU HOW
YOU SCAM. YUP, IM VERY GOOD AT CATCHING SCAMMERS, UNLESS THERE SCAMMERS
DISGUSING AS MY FREINDS. JUST LIKE MY STUPID, SCAMMER, A PERSON WITH 3
SENSES DOUGLAS. I THINK I AM GETTING OFF BOARD, ANYWAYZ. THANK YOU FOR
YOUR TIME. LOOK BELOW FOR SOMETHING YOU SHOULD DO =D.
(And a bit farther down:)
hOW MUCH WORDS OF ' SCAM ' DO YOU SEE IN THERE? YOU CAN ONLY TRY ONCE !

Ouch, and on the site it's at font size 7, so that's really fun. And now
we all know, you can tell someone is *not* scamming you because they'll
tell you "I'm not scamming you."

-Lois, who learns something new every day.

gsulois wrote:

> hOW MUCH WORDS OF ' SCAM ' DO YOU SEE IN THERE? YOU CAN ONLY TRY ONCE !

lol Well if he's not a scammer I dunno what he is but he's not a scammer
cuz he told us he's not a scammer and he can tell a scammer because he
can tell scammers.

Somewhere around the 10th use of the word my eyes started to bleed.

You think he's going for a (/) (No Scammers!) avatar?

--
Rich G.
http://www.simplerich.com/blog

Sorry to top post, but, hey it happens.
Why do people put a dark background with Black font? Don't they ever look
at their own work? I dislike it intensely in shops, where you have to start
at one corner and highlight the whole damn page (would 'select all' work I
wonder now) just to see if there is anything worth buying. And this guy's
background is busy and dark, which doesn't help.

It's really quite a simple design rule. Dark on light, light on dark. If
you have a lot of both, do a contrasting colour. Then *look* at your page
and see if you can see anything wrong (typos, desparate uglyness, wrong
picture) with it. If so, *fix* it!

Having said all that, I have only begun to read about changing lookups and
stuff. But it can't be that hard, can it?

daramark

"gsulois" <gsulois@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Browsing the trades, I come to a Wishlist that simply says: Dont Rip Me
> Off
>
> Umm, okay I'll try not to. I wanted the item, so I opened up a new window
> to load the person's user look-up, so I could continue browsing the trades
> without losing my place.
>
> Oh. My. Goodness.
> Funniest look-up ever!
>
> http://petpages.neopets.com/randomfriend.phtml?user=pyro_duck70
>
> It's slow loading, and I have cable, so here's the transcript of the
> page:
> WELCOME TO MY USERLOOKUP, I NEVER SCAM, I GIVE PEOPLE THERE TRUST. IF I
> WOULD SCAM I WOULDNT BE TELLING YOU THAT I DON'T SCAM. PEOPLE THINK I SCAM
> AFTER I GIVE THE ITEM I GIVE THEM. AND THEY CALL ME A SCAMMER. SCAMMERS
> THESE DAYS, THINKING I'M A SCAMMER. WELL YOU KNOW WHAT? BEING A SCAMMER IS
> VERY EVIL FOR THE INNOCENT PEOPLE THAT WORKED VERY HARD FINDING AND
> EARNING THERE NEOPOINTS. THATS WHY I HAVE A GUILD BANK FOR ALL OF US TO
> SHARE WHOEVER IS IN MY GUILD. I SEE YOUR SUSPICIOUS. YOU WANT TO JOIN MY
> GUILD AND JUST WANT TO BUY ITEMS WITH THE BANK EH? WELL, YOU CANT USE THE
> GUILD BANK RIGHT AWAY WHEN YOU JOIN MY GUILD. THAT HOW I CAN TELL YOU HOW
> YOU SCAM. YUP, IM VERY GOOD AT CATCHING SCAMMERS, UNLESS THERE SCAMMERS
> DISGUSING AS MY FREINDS. JUST LIKE MY STUPID, SCAMMER, A PERSON WITH 3
> SENSES DOUGLAS. I THINK I AM GETTING OFF BOARD, ANYWAYZ. THANK YOU FOR
> YOUR TIME. LOOK BELOW FOR SOMETHING YOU SHOULD DO =D.
> (And a bit farther down:)
> hOW MUCH WORDS OF ' SCAM ' DO YOU SEE IN THERE? YOU CAN ONLY TRY ONCE !
>
> Ouch, and on the site it's at font size 7, so that's really fun. And now
> we all know, you can tell someone is *not* scamming you because they'll
> tell you "I'm not scamming you."
>
> -Lois, who learns something new every day.

>Why do people put a dark background with Black font? Don't they ever
look

>at their own work? I dislike it intensely in shops, where you have to
>start
>at one corner and highlight the whole damn page (would 'select all' work
>
>wonder now) just to see if there is anything worth buying. And this
guy's

>background is busy and dark, which doesn't help.
>
>It's really quite a simple design rule. Dark on light, light on dark.
If

>you have a lot of both, do a contrasting colour. Then *look* at your
page

>and see if you can see anything wrong (typos, desparate uglyness, wrong
>picture) with it. If so, *fix* it!
>
>Having said all that, I have only begun to read about changing lookups
and

>stuff. But it can't be that hard, can it?

Yes! That is so annoying! Especially in shops when you're trying to see
prices! 'Select all' does work but still... I think all of my pet
pages/user look-up/shop are easy to read, so it's not that difficult to
make a page able to be read.

-Lois

daramark wrote:
> > It's really quite a simple design rule. Dark on light, light on
> dark. If you have a lot of both, do a contrasting colour. Then
> *look* at your page and see if you can see anything wrong (typos,
> desparate uglyness, wrong picture) with it. If so, *fix* it!

There was a scam a few years back that worked with dark on dark. It inflated
the price of things by a power of ten. I got burned by it. I even wrote one
shop owner and pointed out the design thing and they said there was a reason
but I got caught a few times all the same. I won't shop in a dark on dark
now.

Gareeth

Gareeth wrote:
> daramark wrote:
>
>>>It's really quite a simple design rule. Dark on light, light on
>>
>>dark. If you have a lot of both, do a contrasting colour. Then
>>*look* at your page and see if you can see anything wrong (typos,
>>desparate uglyness, wrong picture) with it. If so, *fix* it!
>>

> There was a scam a few years back that worked with dark on dark. It inflated
> the price of things by a power of ten. I got burned by it. I even wrote one
> shop owner and pointed out the design thing and they said there was a reason
> but I got caught a few times all the same. I won't shop in a dark on dark
> now.
>
> Gareeth

oh, I didn't know that! thanks for the info!!

> daramark wrote:
>> > It's really quite a simple design rule. Dark on light, light on
>> dark. If you have a lot of both, do a contrasting colour. Then
>> *look* at your page and see if you can see anything wrong (typos,
>> desparate uglyness, wrong picture) with it. If so, *fix* it!
>>

> There was a scam a few years back that worked with dark on dark. It
> inflated the price of things by a power of ten. I got burned by it. I even
> wrote one shop owner and pointed out the design thing and they said there
> was a reason but I got caught a few times all the same. I won't shop in a
> dark on dark now.

Really?!? Ouch. But they did fix that didn't they (TNT)? That is theft,
and cheating! But it gives me something to think about. I would be
infuriated, and worse than that I probably wouldn't notice unless I was
really broke and paying attention to the transaction carefully. I don't
always.

daramark

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

daramark [dara.butler@sympatico.ca] said

> > There was a scam a few years back that worked with dark on dark. It
> > inflated the price of things by a power of ten. I got burned by it. I even
> > wrote one shop owner and pointed out the design thing and they said there
> > was a reason but I got caught a few times all the same. I won't shop in a
> > dark on dark now.
>

> Really?!? Ouch. But they did fix that didn't they (TNT)?

Now we get the confirmation box up when you buy something at that allows
you to double check the price before completing the purchase.

Last night I found a really cheap item. I clicked it to buy it and a new
screen came up with a sad yellow chomby. It said "the item you were trying
to buy has changed price from 1300np to 1201np, in case you didnt want to
pay this price we have stopped the transaction".
I am assuming shop scam, but it was odd.

"bodcat1" <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote in message
> Last night I found a really cheap item. I clicked it to buy it and a new
> screen came up with a sad yellow chomby. It said "the item you were
> trying to buy has changed price from 1300np to 1201np, in case you didnt
> want to pay this price we have stopped the transaction".
> I am assuming shop scam, but it was odd.

That can happen when the shop owner reduces the price while you are trying
to buy. Perhaps the shop owner thought the price was too high (even when you
thought it was really cheap) and reduced the priceto shift the item. It
certainly not indicative of a scam

"bodcat1" wrote
> Last night I found a really cheap item. I clicked it to buy it and a new
> screen came up with a sad yellow chomby. It said "the item you were
trying
> to buy has changed price from 1300np to 1201np, in case you didnt want to
> pay this price we have stopped the transaction".
> I am assuming shop scam, but it was odd.

Since the price dropped, I would assume you were shopping at the same time
the person was reproicing items. I don't know about other shopkeepers, but
if I happen to have items in my shop I do occasionally reprice them.

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

bodcat1 [bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca] said
> Last night I found a really cheap item. I clicked it to buy it and a new
> screen came up with a sad yellow chomby. It said "the item you were trying
> to buy has changed price from 1300np to 1201np, in case you didnt want to
> pay this price we have stopped the transaction".
> I am assuming shop scam, but it was odd.

You just get that screen when there is a change in the price of the item
between you clicking to buy and clicking the 'OK' on the confirm window,
so no, not a scam.

bodcat1 wrote:
> Last night I found a really cheap item. I clicked it to buy it and a
> new screen came up with a sad yellow chomby. It said "the item you
> were trying to buy has changed price from 1300np to 1201np, in case
> you didnt want to pay this price we have stopped the transaction".
> I am assuming shop scam, but it was odd.

That happens when people change the price while you are buying it including
if they lower it. Since they were not jacking it up on you I don't think it
was a scam.

Gareeth

I have seen the "the X you are trying to buy just went up to X amount"...
and that one looks scam-ish because you have to neomail the shopkeeper to
get the item or something like that. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks all!