Computer hangs at "Applying Computer Settings"

Ethan

I have an XP Pro laptop logging into a 2003 server. After the username
and password are entered correctly, the laptop hangs at "Applying
computer settings". The primary dns on the laptop is set to the servers
address.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ethan

Ethan <ess54!nospam!@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have an XP Pro laptop logging into a 2003 server. After the username
>and password are entered correctly, the laptop hangs at "Applying
>computer settings". The primary dns on the laptop is set to the servers
>address.

Does the laptop connect when you disconnect it from the network?
Logon as the Administrator and create a new user. Does it connect from
here? If so, logon as the Administrator again and in the Control Panel
> System > Advanced > User profiles > Settings copy the old user to
the new profile. If all still works from the new user profile, delete
the old user profile and continue working with the new user profile.

--
(tm)