Getting File corruption errors on a new "slave" hard drive

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 16, 2005 12:23:01 AM

Getting " The file or directory is corrupt and non-readable.The file or
directory is corrupt and non-readable. Please run scandisk" when a file is
selected using Windows Explorer.

Using 'Disk Manaement Tool' the drive had these settings: in properties:
'healthy/basic/ change drive letter'.

I just change to read as a 'active/healthy/basic/partition' using the same
tool.

Should I be making a slave drive 'Active'?

What is the BEST way to setup a new slave hard drive?

FYI: Jumper settings are correct.

MS Technical Beta Tester 282044
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 5:39:35 PM

No such thing as scandisk in Windows 2000. Slave Drive with Active Partition should be no issue as long as you set it up right for booting.

--
George Hester
_________________________________
"MS282044" <MS282044@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276322F1-0DBB-45CF-BCBA-BDE35A0EF24D@microsoft.com...
> Getting " The file or directory is corrupt and non-readable.The file or
> directory is corrupt and non-readable. Please run scandisk" when a file is
> selected using Windows Explorer.
>
> Using 'Disk Manaement Tool' the drive had these settings: in properties:
> 'healthy/basic/ change drive letter'.
>
> I just change to read as a 'active/healthy/basic/partition' using the same
> tool.
>
> Should I be making a slave drive 'Active'?
>
> What is the BEST way to setup a new slave hard drive?
>
> FYI: Jumper settings are correct.
>
> MS Technical Beta Tester 282044
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 7:50:40 PM

I realize it is chkdsk but I was repeating my error message, and thank you
for responding to my question

"George Hester" wrote:

> No such thing as scandisk in Windows 2000. Slave Drive with Active Partition should be no issue as long as you set it up right for booting.
>
> --
> George Hester
> _________________________________
> "MS282044" <MS282044@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276322F1-0DBB-45CF-BCBA-BDE35A0EF24D@microsoft.com...
> > Getting " The file or directory is corrupt and non-readable.The file or
> > directory is corrupt and non-readable. Please run scandisk" when a file is
> > selected using Windows Explorer.
> >
> > Using 'Disk Manaement Tool' the drive had these settings: in properties:
> > 'healthy/basic/ change drive letter'.
> >
> > I just change to read as a 'active/healthy/basic/partition' using the same
> > tool.
> >
> > Should I be making a slave drive 'Active'?
> >
> > What is the BEST way to setup a new slave hard drive?
> >
> > FYI: Jumper settings are correct.
> >
> > MS Technical Beta Tester 282044

April 17, 2005 8:28:23 PM

Is it a large hard drive that requires the 48 bit LBA registry tweak?

"MS282044" <MS282044@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Getting " The file or directory is corrupt and non-readable.The file or
> directory is corrupt and non-readable. Please run scandisk" when a file is
> selected using Windows Explorer.
>
> Using 'Disk Manaement Tool' the drive had these settings: in properties:
> 'healthy/basic/ change drive letter'.
>
> I just change to read as a 'active/healthy/basic/partition' using the
same
> tool.
>
> Should I be making a slave drive 'Active'?
>
> What is the BEST way to setup a new slave hard drive?
>
> FYI: Jumper settings are correct.
>
> MS Technical Beta Tester 282044
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 9:32:26 PM

No such error reporting of "scandisk" in Windows 2000 unless maybe it was an upgrade from Windows 9x.

--
George Hester

!