Getting File corruption errors on a new "slave" hard drive

Getting " The file or directory is corrupt and non-readable.The file or
directory is corrupt and non-readable. Please run scandisk" when a file is
selected using Windows Explorer.

Using 'Disk Manaement Tool' the drive had these settings: in properties:
'healthy/basic/ change drive letter'.

I just change to read as a 'active/healthy/basic/partition' using the same
tool.

Should I be making a slave drive 'Active'?

What is the BEST way to setup a new slave hard drive?

FYI: Jumper settings are correct.

MS Technical Beta Tester 282044
4 answers Last reply
More about getting file corruption errors slave hard drive

    No such thing as scandisk in Windows 2000. Slave Drive with Active Partition should be no issue as long as you set it up right for booting.

    --
    George Hester
    _________________________________
    "MS282044" <MS282044@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276322F1-0DBB-45CF-BCBA-BDE35A0EF24D@microsoft.com...
    > Getting " The file or directory is corrupt and non-readable.The file or
    > directory is corrupt and non-readable. Please run scandisk" when a file is
    > selected using Windows Explorer.
    >
    > Using 'Disk Manaement Tool' the drive had these settings: in properties:
    > 'healthy/basic/ change drive letter'.
    >
    > I just change to read as a 'active/healthy/basic/partition' using the same
    > tool.
    >
    > Should I be making a slave drive 'Active'?
    >
    > What is the BEST way to setup a new slave hard drive?
    >
    > FYI: Jumper settings are correct.
    >
    > MS Technical Beta Tester 282044

    I realize it is chkdsk but I was repeating my error message, and thank you
    for responding to my question

    "George Hester" wrote:

    > No such thing as scandisk in Windows 2000. Slave Drive with Active Partition should be no issue as long as you set it up right for booting.
    >
    > --
    > George Hester
    > _________________________________
    > "MS282044" <MS282044@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276322F1-0DBB-45CF-BCBA-BDE35A0EF24D@microsoft.com...
    > > Getting " The file or directory is corrupt and non-readable.The file or
    > > directory is corrupt and non-readable. Please run scandisk" when a file is
    > > selected using Windows Explorer.
    > >
    > > Using 'Disk Manaement Tool' the drive had these settings: in properties:
    > > 'healthy/basic/ change drive letter'.
    > >
    > > I just change to read as a 'active/healthy/basic/partition' using the same
    > > tool.
    > >
    > > Should I be making a slave drive 'Active'?
    > >
    > > What is the BEST way to setup a new slave hard drive?
    > >
    > > FYI: Jumper settings are correct.
    > >
    > > MS Technical Beta Tester 282044

    Is it a large hard drive that requires the 48 bit LBA registry tweak?

    "MS282044" <MS282044@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Getting " The file or directory is corrupt and non-readable.The file or
    > directory is corrupt and non-readable. Please run scandisk" when a file is
    > selected using Windows Explorer.
    >
    > Using 'Disk Manaement Tool' the drive had these settings: in properties:
    > 'healthy/basic/ change drive letter'.
    >
    > I just change to read as a 'active/healthy/basic/partition' using the
    same
    > tool.
    >
    > Should I be making a slave drive 'Active'?
    >
    > What is the BEST way to setup a new slave hard drive?
    >
    > FYI: Jumper settings are correct.
    >
    > MS Technical Beta Tester 282044

    No such error reporting of "scandisk" in Windows 2000 unless maybe it was an upgrade from Windows 9x.

    --
    George Hester
    _________________________________
    "MS282044" <MS282044@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CF20A68-CE09-4C64-BF79-02580B01F9EB@microsoft.com...
    > I realize it is chkdsk but I was repeating my error message, and thank you
    > for responding to my question
    >

    > "George Hester" wrote:
    >
    > > No such thing as scandisk in Windows 2000. Slave Drive with Active Partition should be no issue as long as you set it up right for booting.
    > >
    > > --
    > > George Hester
    > > _________________________________
    > > "MS282044" <MS282044@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276322F1-0DBB-45CF-BCBA-BDE35A0EF24D@microsoft.com...
    > > > Getting " The file or directory is corrupt and non-readable.The file or
    > > > directory is corrupt and non-readable. Please run scandisk" when a file is
    > > > selected using Windows Explorer.
    > > >
    > > > Using 'Disk Manaement Tool' the drive had these settings: in properties:
    > > > 'healthy/basic/ change drive letter'.
    > > >
    > > > I just change to read as a 'active/healthy/basic/partition' using the same
    > > > tool.
    > > >
    > > > Should I be making a slave drive 'Active'?
    > > >
    > > > What is the BEST way to setup a new slave hard drive?
    > > >
    > > > FYI: Jumper settings are correct.
    > > >
    > > > MS Technical Beta Tester 282044

Hard Drives Windows